Thread: Which one

Default Which one

I want to shoot it in some local matches and carry it sometimes.

Glock 17 w/ competition trigger and rmr or CZ SP01 that has been to CZ’s custom shop?

Why?
    Last edited by sftull; 06-01-2019 at 05:43 PM.
    I take an PLB in the shower with me. Can't ever be too safe.

Whats it like to live w/o the Internet? Not bad, I get photos of your mom thought the mail....

"I'd like to know more about this. Someone give cottontop a bump of coke."
    Sportin' Woodies

What kind of matches?

Both are good guns. The CZ will be a bit heavier...
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Rat View Post
    What kind of matches?

Both are good guns. The CZ will be a bit heavier...
    It def is we held it today.

CZ.

Because I don’t like Glocks.....

H&K!

Go with the glock. The rmr is going to make you acquire targets faster and make you more accurate, and if the glock has it and cz doesn’t that would be my choice. More importantly, manual safeties on pistols suck, especially in stressful situations like competition or having to use it while carrying, so the CZ would be out for me.
    Last edited by wskinner; 06-01-2019 at 11:48 PM.

Glock because it was invented by Christ himself!

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Dick View Post
    CZ.

Because I don’t like Glocks.....
    God hates you now!
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Glock will be substantially less $, but if you get into shooting action pistol matches, money won't matter.

In the long run, you will prefer the CZ for matches and Glock for carry.

You're gonna have to do the red blooded American thing and buy both.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Please support March of Dimes

www.marchforbabies.org/MadelineRai

People don’t like Glocks because they are too damn good.
    Windows Down!

Glock.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

The Glock is probably a universally more useful choice. The CZ does have one edge - accuracy. If the competition you are choosing is more true accuracy based, it may be a better option. If the competition is a tactical based one (3-gun, IDPA, USPSA), the Glock will serve well.

I shoot a fair amount of competitions, but most are accuracy based. We have a "Production" division in PPC where virtually no changes are allowed to the gun (cutting down on "gaming") and actual makes/models are limited to certain firearms. The CZ and Glock are both allowed, with limitations on both regarding models. The G17 and CZ SP01 (non-custom shop) are both allowed. The ones winning matches in that division are shooting the CZ. Including most of the US Border Patrol team. That having been said, that's kind of a niche category.

I'm a Glock man. Tried and true. I DO own other guns I use for such "niche" matches in order to be competitive (mostly 1911 actions, depending on the category), but I carry Glocks as my primary gun 95% of the time.

I'm waiting on my local dealer to get he Glock 45 MOS in stock so I can sell one of my Glock 22 Gen 4's and buy it. I want to break into the optics world a little.

My current favorite carry Glocks, depending on the situation, are my G43 or my 19X, depending on my clothing. The 19X is special - significantly customized by Wilson Combat. Bad ass and easy to shoot well.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Glock. Cheaper, easier to set up and maintain, and more than accurate enough for any of the action pistol sports. I shoot a 34 MOS in USPSA Carry Optics. They are reliable as hell as long as you don’t monkey with them too much. Polish the internals, switch the springs and shoot it. I will disagree that an optic is faster though. Quickly acquiring the dot from a holster will take some practice.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

Dog?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft