Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 102 degrees

Default 102 degrees

Means most wont go without A/C. Toyota 4 Runner evaporator job.

More fuel = more boost!!

Yikes. Can’t go without it in these temps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

I am driving s 2004 Silverado that hasn’t had air for 2 years. It would cost more to fix than its worth. But it’s paid for.

I grew up in Dalzell, with no AC in my house, so it’s kind of nostalgic. Who says you can’t go home again?
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

2005 year model and first time A/C has been repaired.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Is the owner a farmer?

I’m going with hippie.

I’ve got an 06 Chevy that will give me cold air for about 3 mins and then it quits. It will blow warm air for about 30 more mins and then go cold again.... maybe. Damn thing has a mind of its own and 3 shops can’t explain it.

Quote Originally Posted by MacDog View Post
    I’ve got an 06 Chevy that will give me cold air for about 3 mins and then it quits. It will blow warm air for about 30 more mins and then go cold again.... maybe. Damn thing has a mind of its own and 3 shops can’t explain it.
    Blend door or either it’s building high pressure and cutting compressor off as it’s designed to.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by ersepton View Post
    I’m going with hippie.

Sophomore at USC
    More fuel = more boost!!

Mine did that for a year or so. Now, it just blows hot, regardless of the setting.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Mine blows cold as it gets but has no heat in the winter. Oh well, at least my ass and back are warm.
    Last edited by SCswampCAT; 05-31-2019 at 07:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

When it starts blowing hot, turn the truck off and restart and see if it is cold again. If so it is the blend door actuator.

I had read the following would work to reset the sensor but didn't work for me on my 05 Tahoe:

1. Turn the car to "on" but don't start
    2. Press the OFF button on the heater two times
    3. Turn ignition OFF - wait 30 seconds
    4. Turn ignition ON - but don't start
    5. Wait 3 - minutes then start vehicle...

That's a filthy truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Meathook View Post
    When it starts blowing hot, turn the truck off and restart and see if it is cold again. If so it is the blend door actuator.

I had read the following would work to reset the sensor but didn't work for me on my 05 Tahoe:

1. Turn the car to "on" but don't start
    2. Press the OFF button on the heater two times
    3. Turn ignition OFF - wait 30 seconds
    4. Turn ignition ON - but don't start
    5. Wait 3 - minutes then start vehicle...
    And it won’t work on his either. Tech 2 will run a calibration run not what you just posted.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Easiest thing to do is see if clutch is engaged on compressor when it’s not cold. If it is, it’s a blend door. If it’s not then either high pressure or system is going into a vacuum.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    Easiest thing to do is see if clutch is engaged on compressor when it’s not cold. If it is, it’s a blend door. If it’s not then either high pressure or system is going into a vacuum.
    Some days it will stay cold and not go to warm air at all. On average though it does what I described above. It seems to be better if I leave it on auto.

My 12 F150 required that this past winter.

The mechanic was amazed.

Mine had mud. Lots of mud.

2-9mm
    1-300 Black out
    1-spent 308 cartridge
    9-.22

Rhodesian Ridge Back hair.

And some strange material we aren't sure what it was.

We think it was the fibers off the mops at Tidal wave. They were blue and sparkly.

He bitched and griped about how much you have to take apart to get to it.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Kevin fixed my air one time just by me pulling in his parking lot... Damnedest thing I've ever seen.

I have had a similar issue on 07 tahoe but not recently and only on passenger side. Almost killed my dog one time. Left him in the truck on high cold and came back blowing high heat. I don’t have a dog currently but if I did I would research cellular or bluetooth thermometers/ thermostats or consider the hot n pop system designed for K9 vehicles.

Mine has not done it in awhile and I was able to stop it both times by following youtube videos. I think it was the blend door or whatever KRT said but I havent had to tinker with it recently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk