Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Charging multiple batteries

apparently not...
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Have you asked about this on charlestonfishing? That's where I like to get advice on all my boating needs.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

I’m pretty sure what you need is a 3 bank charger.

Let me repeat myself...

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    Get a 2-bank charger for the trolling motor batteries and a battery maintainer for the starting battery.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Let me repeat myself...
    Most 3 bank chargers fall back to maintain after reaching full charge.......at least my MinnKota 4 bank does.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Let me repeat myself...
    why do you feel you need to go against the grain on this?

I understand what you are saying though. I like the 3 bank because my cranking battery is also the house battery. It's a peace of mind to plug it up when I get home in case it wasn't on the alternator long enough. I don't know though.
    Last edited by reeltight; 05-30-2019 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    why do you feel you need to go against the grain on this?

I understand what you are saying though. I like the 3 bank because my cranking battery is also the house battery. It's a peace of mind to plug it up when I get home in case it wasn't on the alternator long enough. I don't though.
    Really just be funny. The OP said he was "looking for a way to maintain all 3 batteries at the same time utilizing a single charger. What are my options?"

But, the truth is that a boat in storage, presumably some sort of dry storage, should have zero drain on the starting battery. My big boat sits up from September to May and fires right up.

Also, the trolling motor batteries are usually in a different part of the boat than the starting batteries. Two separate chargers makes sense from that regard too. I should have suggested a solar charger for the starting battery.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Really just be funny. The OP said he was "looking for a way to maintain all 3 batteries at the same time utilizing a single charger. What are my options?"

But, the truth is that a boat in storage, presumably some sort of dry storage, should have zero drain on the starting battery. My big boat sits up from September to May and fires right up.

Also, the trolling motor batteries are usually in a different part of the boat than the starting batteries. Two separate chargers makes sense from that regard too. I should have suggested a solar charger for the starting battery.
    I fished wires from the passenger console (TM batteries and charger) to the back storage compartment on the starboard side. Not super easy since you know how these boats are set up. I had to go from the passenger console to the driver console and then fish those wire through and extremely crowded wire tunnel. Honestly about half way through I thought I was going to have to do something different.