Thread: Lexus 450 (Land Cruiser)..Supercharged and Slee'd up..Pawleys Island

Default Lexus 450 (Land Cruiser)..Supercharged and Slee'd up..Pawleys Island

This thing was done right..sad it's on a lot, but hey

https://www.jpsautosales.net/1996-Le...8/Details.aspx
    At least I'm housebroken.

I wouldn’t buy it.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

its not in my budget

I know of a 02 with 120k on it that could be had for 20 ish

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    I wouldn’t buy it.
    Would you buy the bolt on TurboCharger from WIts End? seems he;s got it figgered out about the 95-97 model LC and LX 450..

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Nitz View Post
    Would you buy the bolt on TurboCharger from WIts End? seems he;s got it figgered out about the 95-97 model LC and LX 450..
    Per the mechanic who works on the two we have, Toyota designed them for longevity in the harshest climates on earth, not for high end performance. The LC was designed for 25yrs of service, longer when maintained.

I don’t know a lot about the Series 80, never owned one, I’ve had two 100’s and a 200. They’re fine stock.

The price JP has on that one is stupid high and looks like one someone around here had. If it is the same one, I wouldn’t want it. Crazy as it’s priced some numbnuts will probably buy it though. Before I’d even start negotiating a price I’d have it taken up the road and let Patrick go through it, he will tell you everything wrong and right with it.

I paid $5700 for my ‘99 with factory lockers, solid interior, no rust and overall great shape. I put an ARB bumper, Warne Winch, White Knuckler Rock Sliders and BFG’s on it. I had to replace a control arm and bushing after hunting season. You can get in a solid LC for a lot less than $24K. I’d love to find one like Huntinghagen’s 70 though, I’d probably pay more than I should for it. In fact I think there’s a RH drive diesel in Lexington but they want too much IMO.
    Last edited by Saltydog235; 05-27-2019 at 10:08 PM.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I like it, don't think I could justify paying that much for one though. While I know it's pretty much all cosmetic, if I am spending that much on an older "Land Cruiser", it's going to be the Toyota version, not the Lexus one.

I drove by an old FJ40 sitting in a front yard last week about 3 miles from my house, I had never been down that road before and it looks like it's been out there for years, would be a long project to get running. I've stopped by the house 3 times now but no one's been home each time. I need a 4th LC like I need a hole in my head, but if they're willing to cut me a deal I can't turn down, it'll be in the garage sooner or later.

Salty, everything I own is for sale, for the right price.
    Last edited by huntinghagen#12; 05-29-2019 at 01:13 PM.

the LX 450 and the 80 series Toyota LC from 1995-1997 are virtually the same and swappable..a built Lexus like that one in the ad is as strong as the Toyota, from most people I have talked to.

the LX 450 and the 80 series Toyota LC from 1995-1997 are virtually the same and swappable..a built Lexus like that one in the ad is as strong as the Toyota, from most people I have talked to.
    I know. If I remember right, I think there are some interior differences (different leather maybe?), and something else, nothing worth noting really. I would just rather have a Toyota badged vehicle, no real reason behind it, I'd just prefer that over Lexus. I haven't done any in depth research, but it seems like the Toyota versions typically sell for more than the Lexus ones, and are easier to sell in general as well (on the used market for older models). When I was looking for a 100 series, I was turning down Lexus versions left and right, but it took me several months to find a Toyota in good shape, rust free, priced reasonably.

Im stuck on the 80's

Im stuck on the 80's
    You want me to go lay eyes on it. I drive by there 10X a day.

I always worry when looking for a land cruiser that with it being customized like that, the drive obviously didn't keep it on the pavement. That's just me though.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    You want me to go lay eyes on it. I drive by there 10X a day.
    I don't but thanks...I went and looked at it and I know who built it and how much it was sold for at auction and that kind of build is just right for someone else, but not me. I would need a garage to keep up with it and my common sense tells me I would be in way over my head...It is very well built though and for someone who is looking for an expedition-tyoe vehicle with way above average off-road performance, I would recommend it. Plus I'm already upside down on my 1994 LC...They will hafta probably bury me in it..lolz

Quote Originally Posted by murraywader View Post
    I always worry when looking for a land cruiser that with it being customized like that, the drive obviously didn't keep it on the pavement. That's just me though.
    The guy that built it is in VA and he ended up selling it to someone who then traded it...he said he was happy to talk to whomever about what he did and what he spent on it...you can see a thread on mud here: https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/no-...-area.1129623/

Marked down to $19,888

So I think I file that under the same category as my "I don't buy 4 ATV's with snorkles" proxy. Its lifted and modified? Seems that is flies in the design of last forever and dependable. I own two Toyota SUVs with a combined 500,000 miles that are used as daily drivers (wife, son). I cringe when I see people messing with that kind of engineering. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

Marked down to $19,888
    I looked at it. Dude may have customized it but that thing is trash on the interior and not great on the exterior. Maybe $10k for some desperate for a Series 80. If that one is worth $20k, I’ll take $35k for my ‘99 Series 100.