Thread: 2012 GMC Acadia Water pump?

Default 2012 GMC Acadia Water pump?

Wifes car is sporadically overheating when driving in slow traffic. Only seams to do it when she drives it. Changed thermostat last year when she had the same problem and the issue went away. Well a year later its doing the same thing. Find it hard to believe another thermostat is sticking from time to time but I guess stranger things could happen. Not thinking water pump because it doesn't appear to be any leaks at the pump. Seams a water pump would either work or not unless the housing is worn and its not moving much coolant. About to put another thermostat in but wanted to see if anyone here had any thoughts first. 107,000 miles on it.

Fluid level seem ok? Low fluid (and is it truly coolant or is it water?) level causes most of the sticking thermostat issues.

My wife’s 2007 has 117,000 and is slowly but surely self destructing
    Last edited by TheVisorGuy; 05-27-2019 at 04:27 PM.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Coolant level has been low, and after looking at the water pump, there is a small leak. Just assumed it wasn't leaking because I've never seen a puddle. May have been leaking then burning off. Going to replace the pump and see what happens.

Women can tear a car up in no time!

It’s always fun (and expensive) when I drive my wife’s car and I ask her how long it’s been making that sound/noise....”not sure, thought it was supposed to sound like that???”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flush the coolant good and replace it when you replace the pump.

replace the GM POS with a good car

if not leaking anywhere, it may have an electric fan that is not cutting on, look in front of or behind the radiator and see if it has a small electric fan.

The fans cut on mostly when sitting still or driving slow because you are not going fast enough to push air thru the radiator.
    The fans are controlled by a thermostat and notorious for going bad. My wife's Jaguar (now gone) had two go bad and I've
    replaced on other vehicles also. Not all models have them
    Last edited by ecu1984; 06-01-2019 at 08:19 PM.

There is an internidant fom the water pump. Going to change it out next week. Fans are working.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk