Thread: Tool bar clamps

Default Tool bar clamps

I have a JD diamond tool bar carrying my 71 flex planters. I run two sweeps on the outside of the planters that serve as row markers and do a decent job of cleaning up between the rows. I hung one last season on a big oak root in the dove field and broke the cast iron clamp. I got it welded and it ran several acres before giving up again this year. Its not the end of the world, but I'd like to find another clamp. Reckon this is something I have to source through JD, or would there be a better resource? Honestly, If I could find a third clamp/shaft/sweep to run between the rows, that would be a bonus, as well. It does a good job of buying time with the bermuda grass for me.

Check Agri-supply in flo-town
    Honey...I'll do it after the season is over.

Originally Posted by cudexter
    I would argue that JP has the highest "quality" to "trash talk" post ratio on this site.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Air Raid
    ... Wait till 3 years from now! ...

Quote Originally Posted by justpracticin View Post
    Check Agri-supply in flo-town
    My first thought as well.

Looks like it would be pretty easy for a machinist to make if JD thinks too much of them.

Last edited by Rem11-87; 05-24-2019 at 01:46 PM.

Thank you, I have the clamp inbound from Shoup!

You might get a real welder to give it a shot. The fellow that did your welding, while being a handsome and resourceful fellow, is a better forester than a welder.
    Last edited by Big Time; 05-24-2019 at 02:16 PM.

If you want to repair that old one still, I'll be in Camden all weekend, and I can get it back to you the following weekend. Cast iron is a whole nother animal to weld than most other materials.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Time View Post
    You might get a real welder to give it a shot. The fellow that did your welding, while being a handsome and resourceful fellow, is a better forester than a welder.
    It worked for a while, and I appreciate your efforts. I can't argue with the resourcefulness or the forestry abilities, but the handsome thing is a debatable topic. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by CurLee View Post
    If you want to repair that old one still, I'll be in Camden all weekend, and I can get it back to you the following weekend. Cast iron is a whole nother animal to weld than most other materials.
    I appreciate the offer, but I couldn't tell you where half of the clamp made off to. I reckon it is plowed under amongst the sunflowers this time.