Thread: 911 call of homeowner shooting intruder

Default 911 call of homeowner shooting intruder

cliff notes.

Shots fired at 3:59

Police Arrive at 12:32

And they say there is no need for citizens to own guns.

There were a few questions asked by 911 that Im not sure I would have answered.

https://soundcloud.com/user-23513734...asion-911-call
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

She sure was typing an awful lot.

I would have called, give her the address, told her there were intruders in the house, that I had a gun and wouldn't hesitate to use it. Then I would have hung up the phone. The situation at hand would have gotten my undivided attention after that.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

The responsibility of people to tell bureaucrats that they can go fuck themselves, is being lost in a hurry. I won't purchase a hunting/fishing licence in South Carolina this year because the Legislature is giving the Billionaire Owner of the Carolina Panthers One Hundred and Fifteen Million Dollars...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    The responsibility of people to tell bureaucrats that they can go fuck themselves, is being lost in a hurry. I won't purchase a hunting/fishing licence in South Carolina this year because the Legislature is giving the Billionaire Owner of the Carolina Panthers One Hundred and Fifteen Million Dollars...
    Yeah, but will you still hunt in SC this year?

I wouldn't have answered all of the questions, but she did a good job of trying to get the most information to keep the homeowner and officers safe, as well as catch the thugs. Have a gun and a plan fellas, or, better yet, multiple guns and multiple plans.
    Last edited by wskinner; 05-22-2019 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MKW View Post
    I would have called, give her the address, told her there were intruders in the house, that I had a gun and wouldn't hesitate to use it. Then I would have hung up the phone. The situation at hand would have gotten my undivided attention after that.
    THIS x100. Same thing should go for your spouse/children if they call 911 for you.

There is no reason you need to be whispering about how many cars are in your driveway while you are hiding in a closet. And the last thing you want at a time like this is a recording that will be public record and played in court for everyone to hear while your adrenaline is at an all time high. Same thing goes for when the cops show up. Tell them you are too shaken to give a statement at that time. There is a reason police officers don't give a statement immediately following a shooting.

And finally I wouldn't have left my gun in the closet. I would have holstered it in my pocket and come out with my hands up.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

I would have called after the event. If someone is in my house unauthorized I would never think of calling 911, I ain't programed that way. I'll call them when the threat is over and I'll inform them at that time if they need to bring ems and/or body bags. I was raised by men who didn't need to get government permission and didn't need their help to take care of problems. If my life or my family's life is in danger, I don't need or want government involvement, be it municipal, county, state or federal. Calling 911 can get you killed by cops. I'm not dissing the cops, bringing them into an ongoing armed situation puts them in an unenviable position. They are already pumped up when they roll in and they don't know "who is" and "who ain't" the good guy. Solve the problem yourself, then inform them.
    Last edited by Mergie Master; 05-22-2019 at 05:39 PM.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Lawyers have everyone afraid to do what they have a right to do. Almost all politicians were lawyers first.

When seconds matter, cops are only minutes away.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Default 911 call of homeowner shooting intruder

Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    Calling 911 can get you killed by cops. I'm not dissing the cops, bringing them into an ongoing armed situation puts them in an unenviable position. They are already pumped up when they roll in and they don't know "who is" and "who ain't" the good guy..

This right here. I had a situation last year where I was holding some meth head tresspassing thiefs at gun point. Called 911 to have them arrested. Told them exactly what was going on. The dispatcher was more concerned that I was armed than he was about sending the cops to pick up the thieving bastards. Said they wouldn’t send officers until he could assure them I was unarmed. Told him never mind I’ll handle it myself and hung up. You damn skippy they showed up ASAP....and after picking them up, they gave me a tongue lashing for hanging up on the dispatcher.

Listening to that call had my nerves going. I thought the same thing....protect yourself first and deal with 911 afterwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Johnny Reb; 05-22-2019 at 07:15 PM.

My oldest son called 911 a few years back while I had a 6'2 thug spread eagle in the middle of Koon Rd with a pistol barrel in his mouth.
    The 911 lady said, "deputies are on the way, tell your father to put the gun down"
    My son responded, "he ain't going to do that Ma'am and y'all better hurry because I am worried my Daddy is going to kill him"
    When about 8 RCSD cars came screaming up...….I got fist bumps from most of them.
    Turns out he was a bad guy with a long sheet of violent and drug crimes and was actually out on bond for robbery and B&E and awaiting trial.
    Last edited by ecu1984; 05-22-2019 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    My oldest son called 911 a few years back while I had a 6'2 thug spread eagle in the middle of Koon Rd with a pistol barrel in his mouth.
    The 911 lady said, "deputies are on the way, tell your father to put the gun down"
    My son responded, "he ain't going to do that Ma'am and y'all better hurry because I am worried my Daddy is going to kill him"
    When about 8 RCSD cars came screaming up...….I got fist bumps from most of them.
    Turns out he was a bad guy with a long sheet of violent and drug crimes and was actually out on bond for robbery and B&E and awaiting trial.
    Wasn't there a picture of that floating around at one point?
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

"911 What's your emergency"? "My name is Mars Bluff. I am at 123 Go to Hell Lane. I have just shot three home invaders. Please send law enforcement, EMS & the coroner. I will be sitting on the tailgate of my truck wearing a Don't Tread On Me t-shirt and khakis. Please don't keep me waiting as I have a dinner reservation." Click!

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    "911 What's your emergency"? "My name is Mars Bluff. I am at 123 Go to Hell Lane. I have just shot three home invaders. Please send law enforcement, EMS & the coroner. I will be sitting on the tailgate of my truck wearing a Don't Tread On Me t-shirt and khakis. Please don't keep me waiting as I have a dinner reservation." Click!
    love it!

thats not your real name
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Why not just call 911 and say you have a 4 month old Labrador puppy that growled at you? (really he was growling at a squirrel on the bird feeder) They would send SWAT and wreck each other trying to get there... #workthesystem

Just in case anyone else was wondering the outcome.
    https://q13fox.com/2019/04/22/deputi...side-his-home/

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    thats not your real name
    Yeah but they don’t know me by Daddy so,,,