Thread: Land Clearing

Default Land Clearing

What would it cost to get a piece of land that has had the timber harvested, cleared of stumps and nearly close to tillable dirt?

Is there a per acre price?
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

it tends to be the exact same number that you made from the timber that was cut
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    it tends to be the exact same number that you made from the timber that was cut
    Hah, and if you didn't make the money from the timber?
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

^^^This guy has done this before obviously...

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    Hah, and if you didn't make the money from the timber?
    Your first born child?

Stumped and grubbed 4-5,000/acre. You gotta have some jam up timber to cut that per acre.
    Last edited by scquackaddict; 05-22-2019 at 11:02 AM.
    More Ducks, Less People

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    What would it cost to get a piece of land that has had the timber harvested, cleared of stumps and nearly close to tillable dirt?
    now that my reading comprehension is at its max, I would say you need someone with a disc and some time.

or a root rake and a herd of Hispanics.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by scquackaddict View Post
    Stumped and grubbed 4-5,000/acre. You gotta have some jam up timber to cut that per acre.
    Thank you sir.

Put a chisel plow in your 90% tillable land and see how much stuff comes to top. Their is more wood underground than above. That’s a fact

It's really one hell of a job. Depends a lot on options you have to do with the roots, stumps, etc. Burning them on site may be the cheapest, but usually the equipment is long gone before you get finished burning and then you are left with clean up of that mess. Definitely need to price it different ways and if you have any plans you want to see happen before your children grow up then strongly consider the turn-key price that includes grass seed being planted before the last piece of equipment leaves.

Don't count out the government extorting you for polluting the land/air/water during the process...

I think $3,000 per acre is more in line for the upstate assuming you are around 10 acres. The price per acre goes down some with larger jobs.
    Like most things you get what you pay for. If you want the final product to be a planted golf course, then you will pay more per acre. If you want to slowly make it into pasture as the exposed sticks and wood trash rots, you can save some money. There are a lot of man hours making all the small sticks (these are moslty parts of root balls and tap roots) disappear if you can't wait for them to rot.