Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: SC Budget

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    Finally a pic worthy of me. Would you like to join my campaign team?
    If that isn't posterized and on your office wall by the end of the day, I will be extremely disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Sad when a New Jersey yankee has more sense than South Carolina's own...
    What I was trying to get at. Bet you some palms were greased.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I love this bar.

It's my kind of place.

I get to mess with all you yahoos

It puts a big smile on my face.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Toof, I suggest you take your own advice and invest the $50 in preparation for next years tax bill. You know refunds are taxable. At your tax bracket you will need $20. I suggest you only buy one 30 pack of Nattys, one blunt, and ride your bike to the creek for Memorial Day.
    Last edited by Duck Tape; 05-23-2019 at 01:50 PM.

i will take that under advisement, sir

but i got kids to graduate this weekend and then pay for college. I'm gonna strap them with college debt and vote democrat so its all washed away when they get older....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

"There are 90 agencies sitting in a nest chirping feed me."

I think we've found the problem. See the peanut? Tell tail sign you've got yourself a ball of crap.

The 2019-2020 budget is built on the foundation of protecting taxpayers, a renewed commitment to being resourceful and efficient, funding only core functions of state government, and providing value for every dollar we spend.
    Since Republicans became the majority party in the S.C. House of Representatives in 1995, more than $42 billion has been returned to taxpayers. These tax cuts and rebates have taken the form of:
    • $220 million that residential homeowners deduct annually from taxes they would have paid for school operating expenses.
    • $217 million that seniors in our state save every year in homestead exemption taxes.
    • $650 saved on average per family per year since we completely eliminated the tax on groceries.
    • $108 million that married couples save annually because we eliminated the marriage penalty
    that married couples had to pay when filing their taxes jointly.
    • $5 million students save every year since we reduced college tuition for instate students.
    • $52 million last year alone that small businessmen and women save each year in lower
    unemployment insurance costs – the largest rate cut ever.
    Because of our fiscally conservative budgeting, South Carolina is currently one of only fourteen states with a AAA credit rating according to Moody’s. Our debt level is 0.39% of state revenues which is significantly lower than our constitutionally set limit of 5%.
    In addition to efficiently funding the normal core functions of government, this year we are making substantive investments in education and workforce development. We have prioritized public and higher education not only because we owe it to our students, but also to ensure our students are better prepared for the workforce and to fill the 72,000 technical jobs currently vacant in our state. We believe that a good education provides the foundation every man, woman, and child needs to have their own chance to succeed in our state’s new prosperity.
    The following are highlights of the 2019-2020 fiscal year budget:
    Education
    • $159 million to provide every teacher a pay raise and $15 million to Base Student Cost. 30% of
    the budget surplus from last year will be devoted to raising teacher pay.
    • This budget creates a new per pupil calculation (State Aid to Classrooms) by rolling up the
    following lines:
    Education Finance Act- $1,837,608,440 (65.59%) EFA-Employer Contributions- $804,641,652 (28.72%) Teacher Salary Increase- $159,248,000 (5.68%)
    Total = $2,801,498,092/720,316 (# of pupils)
    State Aid to Classrooms will increase to $3,889 per pupil

• $44 million to colleges in exchange for an agreement to freeze the cost of tuition for in-state undergrad students.
    • Nearly $68 million for improvements to workforce partnership programs in technical colleges, including funding for training new workers and purchasing new workforce equipment.
    • $10 million for School Resource Officers. Districts with the lowest index of taxpaying ability will receive priority consideration.
    • $2.2 million to begin giving schools access to the services of a mental health counselor.
    • $20 million for new textbooks and updated student instruction materials.
    • $19 million for new school buses to replace South Carolina’s aging school bus fleet with newer,
    more fuel-efficient models.
    • $85 million for the Rural Infrastructure Plan that will bring jobs and investment to the state’s
    poorest rural school districts.
    • $100 million for maintenance, renovation, and capital needs for our state’s four-year colleges
    and two-year campuses.
    Health
    • $50 million for health insurance rate increases for state employees.
    • $5.5 million for the Children’s Health Insurance Program. These funds will bring S.C. up to the
    southeastern average and enable more children to have health insurance coverage.
    • $6 million to combat the opioid crisis through education and treatment programs.
    • More than $10 million to provide key DSS support workers a pay raise, an increase from
    $12/hour to $13/hour.
    • $1.25 million to the dept. of corrections for mental health and medical personnel.
    • $500,000 for treatment of PTSD for first responder.
    Raises
    • $11 million to increase salaries for judges to ensure we have candidates with requisite judicial
    experience and qualifications.
    • $4.4 million to provide law enforcement and firefighters a pay raise.
    • $42 million to provide state employees an across the board 2% pay raise.
    • $20 million for a state employee bonus for employees earning $70,000 a year or less.
    Taxpayer Relief/Refund
    • Nearly $67 million for a one-time, $50 taxpayer rebate for every income tax return filed.
    • $22 million for the FEMA state match for Hurricane Florence.
    • $25 million for disaster relief for farmers from crop loss and damage related to Hurricanes
    Michael and Florence.
    Ethics
    • $40 million for new voting machines to ensure our election process is secure and fair.
    So much for this piece of dribble since Clemson announced yesterday they were raising the tuition next year.

Quote Originally Posted by rrconductor View Post
    So much for this piece of dribble since Clemson announced yesterday they were raising the tuition next year.
    They have to pay for the football facility somehow.
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm

Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    They have to pay for the football players somehow.
    IPTAY

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by rrconductor View Post
    The demand for ostarine spiked with the Natty

This may not end well for them. Stay tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    The demand for ostarine spiked with the Natty
    This

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

What you and the rest of the olBoys need to stay tuned to is the fleecing of the gas tax that was sold to the taxpayers as to ALL GO TO FIX THE ROADS. Do you really want me to copy and paste what is really going on with this?
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Doesn't Clemson have a history of raising tutiton everytime the state increases payments? Seems I remember they did the same for the the HOPE or LIFE scholarships.

Point being if they did it then why wouldn't they think they could do it now.

Interested to hear the outcome. I'm afraid it has already been decided though.

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    What you and the rest of the olBoys need to stay tuned to is the fleecing of the gas tax that was sold to the taxpayers as to ALL GO TO FIX THE ROADS. Do you really want me to copy and paste what is really going on with this?
    Try to stay focused.

Feel free to share what we are doing with the roads. But let's not justify one for the other.

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    Please tell me you did not expect government to keep its word.

I was only hoping but again it did not happen

Please tell me you did not expect government to keep its word.

I’m not sure if it’s your flippancy, sarcasm, or arrogance why people normally pile on you; but I understand their motive.

One moment you type the legislature’s accomplishments as gospel, the next it seems hollow. Please explain.
    “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance” - Thomas Jefferson