Thread: You Just Have to Love SC

Default You Just Have to Love SC

https://www.postandcourier.com/news/...ec9343631.html

COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — A former police chief of Columbia, South Carolina, has been arrested for a third time in less than a year.

The Florence County Sheriff’s Office deputies were alerted Saturday to a stolen vehicle near a Timmonsville motel and connected it to motel occupant Randy Scott, who was then arrested on federal warrants.

The State reports a May 7 indictment unsealed Monday says the 50-year-old Scott is indicted on charges related to being an unlawful user of a controlled substance in possession of firearms.

Scott was arrested in July on drug charges. He was arrested the next month on charges related to him not returning his service weapons.

Scott was Columbia’s police chief for less than three years before resigning in April 2013 amid allegations of sexual misconduct and unprofessional behavior.
    Last edited by ecu1984; 05-21-2019 at 10:05 PM.

Reckon he might know why CPD has had my stolen pistol for a year and nary a call about it?!?
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

Drugs were the downfall of Randy Scott. I know he was at least in possession while he was with CPD, no doubt he was using as well.

Why, on God's green earth, he and his girlfriend were in possession of state-owned weapons last year after both had left or been fired from their departments is beyond me. No one ever got to the bottom of why the US Marshals raided his home in the first place.

I'm pretty sure that dude will go down on some serious federal charges pretty soon.

Marshals were looking for a wanted person that was at the house when it was raided.

He seems to have a history like that...just sayin

Quote Originally Posted by PalmettoTrooper View Post
    Marshals were looking for a wanted person that was at the house when it was raided.
    Thanks for the info. I suppose the Marshalls were the ones who found the weapons while conducting a search of the property. Scott is arrested for the weapons a month after the Marshal's executed their search warrant. Now, a year later, Scott happens to get picked up on an ATF warrant during the arrest of his prostitute for the stolen car she is driving. I guess ATF wants to get their pound of flesh on the possession of tax-payer owned weapons? Or maybe they have something totally un-related they're gunning for? This whole deal is hard to follow- the media is making it even worse with their wild reporting.

I just want to know why he was in possession of his service weapons years after he left the department. Maybe he purchased them, and RCSD and CPD suck at documenting these things. Maybe he just said "screw it", and thought they would never come looking for them. Regardless, this pissant needs to go the way of Dan Johnson. Ruben Santiago seemed to bounce before anything could get pinned on him. Mayor Benjamin plays the flute, and the rats follow suit. Tandy Carter seemed to be the last Columbia lawman who had an ounce of integrity, but who knows.

There is a culture of corruption there for sure.