Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Orlando down to Miami across the everglades then back up through Tampa

Since it was your Refuge, i would imagine they came there because no one is messing with it.
    DILLIGAF

I wanted to shoot one of the purple swamp hens while down there. They had a few special hunts for them in the STA's but they were draw hunts, required steel shot, and you weren't allowed to keep any of the birds. They all had to be turned over to the FWC. That wasn't worth it to me to put in for the hunt and then drive 5 hours each way to shoot one just for fun. I thought they'd make an awesome mount!

I had a BBWD fly right over me at the Pimlico boat landing this past spring while loading the bass boat up. I know of a good number of them in the ACE but apparently there are more and more finding their way to our river. A couple were killed back in Farm Creek two seasons ago. I'd like for them to get established. They are fun to shoot, very vocal, and eat good! Not sure that we'll ever get the fulvous up this far. I guess it's possible but I never even saw any above Orlando while I was living in Florida.
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL