Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fishfinder/GPS

Default Fishfinder/GPS

In the market for a fishfinder/GPS in the <$500 range. Have a Eagle FishMark480 that has seen its better days and am looking to replace it. Would like the GPS function so I don't have to carry my handheld.

Looks like there are plenty of options but am curious what y'all have found in that range that is a good value. Is it pretty much Lowrance (Hook2) and Garmin in that range? Humminbird? Going on my 1548 SeaArk pictured richeer.....

Hit me with it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

This would be my choice.

Humminbird 410220-1 Helix 5, Chirp Di GPS G2, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MCWIC5J..._Uxx4CbJ5FHAF1

Humminbird G3 7

Since you don’t need the network or side image the G3 7 should about 500 and it will come with down imaging. You will get a lot of lowrance response here but that humminbird will do all you want and more. You can probably find a G2 for less

Quote Originally Posted by Cwaysvt View Post
    This would be my choice.

Humminbird 410220-1 Helix 5, Chirp Di GPS G2, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MCWIC5J..._Uxx4CbJ5FHAF1

5 is really a better choice in that boat. Either way those are great units. I recently purchased a new G3N 8 and love it.

Big screen and awesome bottom machine/GPS combo
    Color and detailed maps with great zoom in features
    So easy to use, even a Tater can operate it
    IMG_2750[4748].jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Big screen and awesome bottom machine/GPS combo
    Color and detailed maps with great zoom in features
    So easy to use, even a Tater can operate it
    IMG_2750[4748].jpg
    This .....Elite or Hook

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I'm a Humminbird guy myself. I have the Helix 7 SI on my kayak and love it although my next one will be the Helix 10 MEGA SI. Have never had any problems out of Humminbird units and have owned a pile of them on different boats and kayaks over the years. Amazon has the Humminbird Helix 7 Chirp DI GPS G2 for $419 on Prime. That unit is full color, has the built in GPS antenna, built in base maps, traditional 2D sonar, and Down Imaging. That would be my pick if I was in your "boat".
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Ring King View Post
    I'm a Humminbird guy myself. I have the Helix 7 SI on my kayak and love it although my next one will be the Helix 10 MEGA SI. Have never had any problems out of Humminbird units and have owned a pile of them on different boats and kayaks over the years. Amazon has the Humminbird Helix 7 Chirp DI GPS G2 for $419 on Prime. That unit is full color, has the built in GPS antenna, built in base maps, traditional 2D sonar, and Down Imaging. That would be my pick if I was in your "boat".
    The 8 I just got is a MEGA SI. My goodness at the clarity.

Look on bassboat central , you can find whatever you want at good price ,,those glitter boat guys buy nice shit and keep it for 6 months
    "I am a man, not an animal and I always try to conduct myself accordingly. Doing anything less is just giving up and expecting (and being okay) with failure."
    Rubberhead

Got a brand new in box Garmin 94 combo unit....9 inch unit with the works I will sell for not much more than your budget

I have a lowrance elite 5 that goes from kayaks to Jon boat. Does everything I want it to. Smaller version of ecu picture doesn’t use much battery.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

I really like the Humminbird Helix 7 I just put in my boat. This is the first Humminbird product I've had so I was skeptical but have been very impressed so far.
    For the ducks

Whatever you get just make sure you get a good card to go in it
    "I am a man, not an animal and I always try to conduct myself accordingly. Doing anything less is just giving up and expecting (and being okay) with failure."
    Rubberhead

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpknocker View Post
    Whatever you get just make sure you get a good card to go in it
    fact. Also note that Lake Marion is not on any of the humminbird maps. Moultrie is, but not Marion...weird. You need a Navionics card for Marion. Navionics also has one card that has both lakes and saltwater out to like 10-15 miles (or some distance like that) that covers SC.

You can also find good deals on cards on bbc
    Last edited by Stumpknocker; 05-19-2019 at 08:07 PM.
    Rubberhead

Humminbird with a lake master chip.

Lowrance Elite 5 or 7

Get downscan no matter what unit Lowrance or Garmin. Come run my Jon boat with me and I’ll show you how Lowrance works to,se if you like it and give you a great deal on an old handheld I have in my truck.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

Ha. Deal.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

"If its better than cold beer and hot pussy it'll probably kill us all" ~ Rebel Son