Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Athlete You've Ever Competed Against?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Best Athlete You've Ever Competed Against?

We've had some good ones come through our state, who's the best athlete you've gone head to head with and lived to tell about?

Demetris Summers from Lexington. He was a RB at Lexington and I was a RB (at Irmo). I was on the punt team though and he was the returner. I broke down to tackle and I held on to one leg as he drug me about 20 yards before my buddies could join in. He had about 250 that game.
    Bah! Humbug!

Also played against Reggie Merriweather and Ty Colvin (baseball) from N. Augusta. Woody Dantzler was a senior when I was a freshman. Jamacia Jackson from Sumter was good, he has since passed away.
    Bah! Humbug!

Rosco Crosby-Baseball. Rocky McIntosh-Football he was a bad bad dude at Gaffney! Jeff and Anthony Littlejohn were bad dudes as well.
    Last edited by CAJUN LAB; 05-17-2019 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUN LAB View Post
    Rosco Crosby-Baseball. Rocky McIntosh-Football he was a bad bad dude at Gaffney! Jeff and Anthony Littlejohn were bad dudes as well.

You must be from Union or Gaffney

Quote Originally Posted by take em' 07 View Post
    You must be from Union or Gaffney
    Nope Boiling Springs played against those guys

Everick Sullivan, Hillcrest High,Simpsonville ‘84-‘88. Went on to Louisville. He was a beast.

I was a white DB and I had the privilege of covering Brian Quick (Ridgeway): went to App state, played for the Rams 12- 16 and is currently with the redskins. Marquan Jones (Blythewood) 4 star that went to Clemson. Dontrelle Inman (bateburg): played at Virginia and is currently with the patriots. He played QB at batesburg and I Knocked the shit out of him on the sideline one play... the film on it looked great but what really happened is he lost his footing trying to make me miss and cut back off the sideline, I hit him right as that happened and "blew him up". Roderick Mcdowell Clemson... I ended up on his highlight tape getting run over. Brandon Wilds... I was a senior and he was a freshman, and I forced a fumble on him.
    "I swear if I found you in a marsh I don't know that I could keep myself from mud stomping you" -Griffin

Shammond Williams, but that was in middle school. John Wilson, first in-state soccer player to get a scholarship to Clemson (went on to be drafted in MLS). All I got.
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    Shammond Williams, but that was in middle school. John Wilson, first in-state soccer player to get a scholarship to Clemson (went on to be drafted in MLS). All I got.
    A soccer player is the best athlete you ever competed against? Bless your heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    A soccer player is the best athlete you ever competed against? Bless your heart.
    I will go head to head in any sport but golf with you tough guy. I bet I can out run, out lift, out shoot, or out play you in anything you pick.
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    I will go head to head in any sport but golf with you tough guy. I bet I can out run, out lift, out shoot, or out play you in anything you pick.
    Whoa, settle down, Francis. Who said I was a good athlete? Certainly not me. Refer back to the thread's tile, counselor.

Summers and Merriwether met up in North Augusta and put up around 7 or 8 yards rushing combined. Ask Colvin's HS coach what he thought about him in high school. He will tell you he was shocked he got a scholarship. Late bloomer and hard worker.

Martina Navratilova. I couldn't touch her serves and just prayed none of them would hit me.

Greg Jones- beast of a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by take em' 07 View Post
    Greg Jones- beast of a human being.
    I think it was Pbiz that told a funny story about an "encounter" with Greg Jones. Based on what he said, sounds like it went a lot like this...

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    I think it was Pbiz that told a funny story about an "encounter" with Greg Jones. Based on what he said, sounds like it went a lot like this...

Whatever happened to him? Seems like he just faded away. You’d think a power runner like that would have had a big career but I never remembered hearing much of him after he trucked that UNC player.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I will give you the cliff notes of a champion I met. In Florida one year I shot a big turkey three times and he finally went down. Until I got over to him. He jumped up and started running. I had belly crawled to him so my vest and shells were at least 50 yards in the other direction. I took chase finally catching up. I had flipped my shotgun and was holding it by the barrel like a bat. I cracked him on the back of the head GOOD. He went down but not out. A true athlete. We fought on the ground for a bit before he ultimately succumbed to my choke. Though i had my share of damage. He had one spur up and one down. I posthumously named him Tyson. The greatest athlete I ever faced.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
    I will give you the cliff notes of a champion I met. In Florida one year I shot a big turkey three times and he finally went down. Until I got over to him. He jumped up and started running. I had belly crawled to him so my vest and shells were at least 50 yards in the other direction. I took chase finally catching up. I had flipped my shotgun and was holding it by the barrel like a bat. I cracked him on the back of the head GOOD. He went down but not out. A true athlete. We fought on the ground for a bit before he ultimately succumbed to my choke. Though i had my share of damage. He had one spur up and one down. I posthumously named him Tyson. The greatest athlete I ever faced.
    Dang man, sounds like it was touch and go there for awhile
    Now I know where the name Tyson in poultry originated

Without thinking too much, I would say Billy Sylvester from Hudgens Academy. when you are a sophomore in HS seeing a low 90's fastball is pretty intimidating! I fouled one off, so I considered that a victory