Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SAT adversity score

Yeah I caught that too buckpro.

And I agree Tater. This is nothing more than affirmative action by a different name. The courts struck down admission based on race. Socioeconomics is the relabeling of affirmative action.

Your score would be higher than you think. This score will be setup to make sure that it rewards the slums of Chicago. Not rural South Carolina.

Isn't a good SAT score, in an of itself, a sign of how well an underprivileged student handles adversity?
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    Yeah I caught that too buckpro.

And I agree Tater. This is nothing more than affirmative action by a different name. The courts struck down admission based on race. Socioeconomics is the relabeling of affirmative action.

Your score would be higher than you think. This score will be setup to make sure that it rewards the slums of Chicago. Not rural South Carolina.
    This is screwed up in so many ways.
    I saw this on the news this morning. They(as usual) presented it like the kid from the ghetto where someone's shot every weekend, has a decent score and would get a better chance since he's stood out. They didn't present the other end.
    Could be used the other way too, don't let the kid with the score of 5 because he grew up "privileged" get a scholarship. Or they see someone with the score of 90 and decide they don't want kids from the slums, all without having to look prejudice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

John 1280
    Joseph 1280

Which one are you taking?

1280 should be the end of it for the SAT. Its a standardized test. Let the schools come up with their own additional factors.
    Last edited by uga_dawg; 05-17-2019 at 02:46 PM.

I dont get triggered easily, but this about does it.

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    1280 should be the end of it for the SAT. Its a standardized test. Let the schools come up with their own additional factors.
    They already do, but they want a direction in which to point the finger.

I understand nature vs nurture, but some people are actually smarter than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    Everyday this country is getting closer and closer to people like us standing up and getting nasty for what is right and what is wrong
    It's been time. Sadly, there aren't enough to band together. America is a lost cause.... gone with the wind.

Just be sure to tell your kids and grandkids about how America used to be....the good old days.
    Last edited by Rabbitman09; 05-17-2019 at 03:32 PM.

Take a 4" bump of coke and you tell em about.

The continued "dumbing down" of America. Everybody gets a prize. The people that we elect are running the country into the ground...in a hurry. Dumb voters are easily directed by politicians.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    Everyday this country is getting closer and closer to people like us standing up and getting nasty for what is right and what is wrong
    "When in the course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation."

Reason Number 4,597...

I’m slightly amused by this thread. Pull yourself up by your bootstraps fellas.
    Btw, you won't hear me apologize often, so you may want to put that in your sigfile. ~Mergie

So, accept racism ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    So, accept racism ?
    Embrace it....it's the cool thing now!
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    So, accept racism ?
    Nope. Fight through any obstacle that stands in your way. The world is a messed up place. When you tap out, you lose. It’s that simple. Blame the man. See how far that gets you.
    Btw, you won't hear me apologize often, so you may want to put that in your sigfile. ~Mergie

Quote Originally Posted by Roddie View Post
    Nope. Fight through any obstacle that stands in your way. The world is a messed up place. When you tap out, you lose. It’s that simple. Blame the man. See how far that gets you.
    That knife cuts both ways.

Discrimination and reverse discrimination have both been going on for a while and one day hopefully we will get past all of this. Work hard, do your best, know the lord and everything else will fall into place. Next topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Roddie View Post
    The Adversity Score good for some.....
    the rest of us should "Pull yourself up by your bootstraps fellas" and "fight thru any obstacle....)

The irony.

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    The Adversity Score good for some.....
    the rest of us should "Pull yourself up by your bootstraps fellas" and "fight thru any obstacle....)

The irony.
    I never said I agreed with it appears that you’re taking what I said personally. I’ve been discriminated against many times in my life. I can empathize without sympathy. What exactly do you mean by “the irony”? Is it something that I’ve said in the past?