Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: NBA talk w a little golf thrown in

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Hunter View Post
    I don't know, there's only been like 5 guys who have won a Masters and an Open since like 1975. Those two events are played at the same handful of courses routinely. Just going by the numbers, a lot of guys who are better than him haven't been able to do it. Brooks probably should have won it this year. Plus, he played in Europe for so long, I just think with his length and strength out of the rough, he will win The Open very soon.
    I would think he could win both... His game is pretty strong. I'm just not into length on The Open, it's all depending on course I guess. I think his length at Augusta just helps him more, with having higher angle approaches. He's good. I mean I'm not huge at predicting nor am a fan boy of anyone, but it'll be interesting to see how he's going to play the next few years. I wouldn't take anything off the table. I really like the fact he went to Europe first.
    Last edited by Highstrung; 05-22-2019 at 08:34 AM. Reason: wrong thought, 9th at Dunghill, 10th at St Andrews

If anyone could do it, it's him. Especially with the way he's playing these majors right now. His putting is what impresses me the most in majors outside of his attitude in big moments. His strokes gained is so high everywhere except around the green. His putting is around average, though, in non-majors. He just seems to turn the putter on and dial the wedges in during major tournament play. He is long off the tee, but his accuracy isn't always consistent. Links courses allow him to get the ball out of the rough and on/around the green assuming he can avoid fairway pot bunkers. You have one bad driving day at Augusta, and you're out of contention.

so, to recap.....KD is gonna win the Open when its played in Greece and Koepka can shoot 3s from way downtown....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Yeah, I'm not discounting him playing well out of the rough. That's why Duval picked him this past weekend. I think about pot bunkers, wind, and knee high rough.. I think he'll be fine in both, just better at Augusta.. but I wouldn't rule him out in a couple of months. He was a silly tee shot on 12 and a Tiger this year at Augusta
    Last edited by Highstrung; 05-22-2019 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    so, to recap.....KD is gonna win the Open when its played in Greece and Koepka can shoot 3s from way downtown....

Don't get carried away, he doesn't have my arms.. #almostoldmanstrength

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Yeah, I'm not discounting him playing well out of the rough. That's why Duval picked him this past weekend. I think about pot bunkers, wind, and knee high rough.. I think he'll be fine in both, just better at Augusta.. but I wouldn't rule him out in a couple of months. He was a silly tee shot on 12 and a Tiger this year at Augusta
    He should be a favorite moving forward in every major for the next couple few years. If he can avoid the peak and subsequent fall that Jordan experienced, we could be looking at a major/non-major victory ratio never seen before. I am rooting for him. And Aphibarnrat. I like that guy.

He looks like a bumblebee in yellow

I like him, he seems to smile. It's funny, my boy and one of his best friends saw him at Augusta and got all excited.

I had a goal of keeping Highstrung involved in a basketball thread for 5 pages. I just realized we hit that goal earlier this morning. Great success.

I most certainly am not... watch me, we can change the thread name. But I wouldn't because it's 2th's thread

Quote Originally Posted by Baggy View Post
    No defense at all. If, KD and many of today’s current superstars had to play in the 80’s they’d be average at best. It’s a glorified horse game/ dunk contest now. Unwatchable.
    Says every man over 50
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

True enough.