Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tariffs's here we go...

That hemp oil can be used as fuel for vehicles, which has about everything to do with the Marijuana Act of 1937.
    DILLIGAF

SC is too late to the party. They dipped their toes in the water 3 years ago, but Colorado et.al. was already throwing down in the deep end. Try and order a roll of drip tape today and they’ll tell you everything is headed west. A 20ac SC “hemp farm” = a 1,500ac CO farm.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by SaltMuck View Post
    SC is too late to the party. They dipped their toes in the water 3 years ago, but Colorado et.al. was already throwing down in the deep end. Try and order a roll of drip tape today and they’ll tell you everything is headed west. A 20ac SC “hemp farm” = a 1,500ac CO farm.
    Always been the case. The only thing we were first in didn't work out either...
    cut\'em

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...time-on-china/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our government was funded solely by tariffs until 1919. The Chinese need our market much more than we need theirs. They subsidize the industries such as steel and aluminum that they export keeping prices artificially low. At these prices our mills are forced to close. Once our mills close they raise their prices. It’s pretty simple really.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggy View Post
    Our government was funded solely by tariffs until 1919. The Chinese need our market much more than we need theirs. They subsidize the industries such as steel and aluminum that they export keeping prices artificially low. At these prices our mills are forced to close. Once our mills close they raise their prices. It’s pretty simple really.
    That's the way I've understood the trade situation with China over the last 30 years. When it comes to trade, corporate subsidy by government, corporate espionage, trademark infringement, intellectual property theft, etc., China is nothing but a rogue trade partner that has been allowed to run loose for too long.
    The USA needs to be willing to stop this BS which will require a little financial pain (short term) but the end results wil make the USA much stronger IMO.
    Trump is the guy that can get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post

The country that invented the assembly line, opened the West with the steam engine locomotive and built the world’s first skyscrapers has become a country run by silk stockings who don’t even dirty their dainty little hands with paper greenbacks anymore. It’s all digital.

These people still cannot grasp Mr. Trump’s shocking election two and a half years ago. If that election was about any one thing, it was about work.
    Tyler Simmons wasn’t offsides. 1-9-2018
    Isaiah Bond didn’t catch the ball. 12-2-2023

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    That's the way I've understood the trade situation with China over the last 30 years. When it comes to trade, corporate subsidy by government, corporate espionage, trademark infringement, intellectual property theft, etc., China is nothing but a rogue trade partner that has been allowed to run loose for too long.
    The USA needs to be willing to stop this BS which will require a little financial pain (short term) but the end results wil make the USA much stronger IMO.
    Trump is the guy that can get it done.
    Agree

Quote Originally Posted by Red Huck View Post
    Excellent read. Thanks for posting.

It’s amazing to watch the globalist narrative be repeated and regurgitated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"economic nationalism"

Last edited by 2thDoc; 05-16-2019 at 07:14 AM.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I think one of the main pushes of the current tariffs is the apparent state-sponsored intellectual property theft that is prevalent in China. A company sources a product from a china factory and they are forced to transfer their technology and intellectual property rights to the local companies. Many of these companies then simply copy it and sell it as their own, patents be damned often undercutting the original US company's product.

Some products.. that really doesn't affect me. Though some how Walmart always seems to affect me even if I don't walk inside of one. Right now, I'm paying taxes to service that nasty flea market. And why are you posting CNN so early, negatives ways.. Walmart and CNN, I think that was for K.
    Last edited by Highstrung; 06-03-2019 at 06:58 AM. Reason: proof read, a hole

companies that manufacture goods in china on the tariff list will either move manufacturing to another country or push that cost increase to the customer or some of both

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    This ain't going to affect you? Don't you grow everything, live off the land, self sustaining and shit?

Oh no! Walmart is going to sell cheap crap for not so cheap prices? WTF am I gonna do?

This is a game-changer.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Damn world's coming to an end. Walmart it taking us down.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

So businesses don't really pay for the tariffs? They are passed onto the customer?

If only someone could have seen this coming.

Walmart sucks donkey dick.