Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SC passes new turkey regulations to bolster declining populations

Quote Originally Posted by ShortMagFan View Post
    I wonder how many turkey lives will he saved by reducing out of state tags to 2. I’d wager not many
    If we can just save one life, it’s worth it.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

I guess that means you’ll vote for Bernie Sanders on 2020? Yeah I can afford it. Doesn’t make it right

BTW if I were a resident my property taxes would be less than $5k (or so I’m told). So I’m already getting fucked at the drive thru by the state of SC.

if you're looking for compassion, pitty, or a reach around check out DC or California. because this ain't the place for you.

“Muh butts been wiped.” TheBigGuy
    “Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” PedoPete, Esq.
    “Let’s go Brandon, I agree!” former Vice President Joe Biden
    “Shower time, Ashley.” NotAndyTaylor

Go over to the South Carolina Deer Hunters FB page for some real enlightenment on this subject
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    Let's say you got 4 different landowners next to one another with 200 Acres apiece....at the beginning of the season they all see the same 6-8 gobblers so they all think it's okay to kill 2. Does that make them bad land managers?
    Maybe a couple of them leased the property they hunt and do not own it therefore they cannot burn or do any habitat manipulation to improve nursing cover are they bad stewards of the land?
    I watched this play out with a club this year.

They already killed all the birds in our area they have access too so now they are all driving 30 min and were fighting over a few birds in one field and got mad because we put corn out for hogs and DNR Xd them from hunting a 20 acre field. You would have thought we took all their property.

They got over it, but watching them argue over 6 birds in a 700 acre area was rather funny.

The not letting a person kill but 1 bird for the 1st 10 days is gonna help tremendously, if they implement the check in system again.

Give the birds time to get call shy and you have a chance of more of them surviving.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

I will gladly pay the $5 or $10 bucks if the money goes where it's suppose to go.

Sounds like a legit strategy for the most part

#notpixxedoffinSC

This dry spell is coming at the right time

Also, I wish they would put a 1 bird limit per day after the first ten days.

Most people who flock shoot two birds in one sitting usually regret it later.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post

It is 1 bird per day....
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post

Other provisions in the bill are designed to help reverse the statewide decline in wild turkey populations and they include:
    a daily bag limit of one bird;
    a one-bird limit in the first 10 days of the season, which is intended to reduce early season harvest so more gobblers will be available for breeding early in the season;
    state residents will still be able to take three birds during the season and nonresidents will be allowed to take two;
    a fee for turkey tags will be implemented to support future wild turkey research and management;
    and finally, the bill makes possible the development of an electronic check-in system for reporting harvests.
    South Carolina State NWTF Chapter board members testified multiple times in the House and Senate promoting a later season open date, and NWTF members sent more than 5,000 messages to their senators and representatives.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

I like except for the out of state BS. I pay a got darn chit ton and a half of property taxes to the state, still have to buy out of state licenses, manage my property the right way and the reward I get is to pay more and hunt less. Sorry but that’s some Ho ass shit
    You may want to look up the word “Resident”

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    It is 1 bird per day....
    Good, that's been needed for years....,and I hadn't read the new bill.