Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SC passes new turkey regulations to bolster declining populations

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    Let's say you got 4 different landowners next to one another with 200 Acres apiece....at the beginning of the season they all see the same 6-8 gobblers so they all think it's okay to kill 2. Does that make them bad land managers?
    Maybe a couple of them leased the property they hunt and do not own it therefore they cannot burn or do any habitat manipulation to improve nursing cover are they bad stewards of the land?
    I get what you are saying. I take for granted and forget that we have the relationship with the joining landowners and leasers that we do. We plant to hold them on our place, keep habitat for poults to hide (survive in), and stay in communication with those around us. I guess it is a joint effort, but it works for us. But, in the same sense, it’s almost like the guy killing the 2.5 year old 8 point because if he doesn’t his neighbor will. All we can really control is what we have

Quote Originally Posted by ShortMagFan View Post
    I like except for the out of state BS. I pay a got darn chit ton and a half of property taxes to the state, still have to buy out of state licenses, manage my property the right way and the reward I get is to pay more and hunt less. Sorry but that’s some Ho ass shit
    How much is your property tax and on how many acres? If you’re paying “a chit ton and a half” sounds like you’ve got it classified wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynchmob View Post
    How much is your property tax and on how many acres? If you’re paying “a chit ton and a half” sounds like you’ve got it classified wrong.
    I paid over $20k in property taxes to the state last year. My hunting land is cheap. My 2nd home as a non resident is not

If you own a second home that is costing you 20K in property taxes, then stop your bitching cause you can most certainly afford the cost of OOS licensing!
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

The National Wild Turkey Federation applauds the South Carolina legislature for passing a bill to addressing declining turkey populations.
    The very first sentence is grammatically incorrect.

Otherwise, its a step in the right direction although there was a good bit of "making the voters happy", as DT would say....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Nickel and dimed to death

No new laws. No new fees.

If you own a second home that is costing you 20K in property taxes, then stop your bitching cause you can most certainly afford the cost of OOS licensing!
    I guess that means you’ll vote for Bernie Sanders on 2020? Yeah I can afford it. Doesn’t make it right

BTW if I were a resident my property taxes would be less than $5k (or so I’m told). So I’m already getting fucked at the drive thru by the state of SC.
    Last edited by ShortMagFan; 05-14-2019 at 06:59 AM.

If someone was ripping me off I would stop doing business with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess that means you’ll vote for Bernie Sanders on 2020? Yeah I can afford it. Doesn’t make it right

BTW if I were a resident my property taxes would be less than $5k (or so I’m told). So I’m already getting fucked at the drive thru by the state of SC.
    And if I owned a NC waterfront property being a SC resident, my property taxes would be as absurd as yours!
    It's the price you pay for being fortunate and successful.....get over it
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

perspective

ever buy a deer tag in KS?
    makes you want to buy land, instead....

there is a reason it SHOULD cost more for someone that lives outside of this state.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

And if I owned a NC waterfront property being a SC resident, my property taxes would be as absurd as yours!
    It's the price you pay for being fortunate and successful.....get over it
    I can and will get over the money side of it (but that doesn’t mean i won’t bitch). But i’m Also pixxed off about potentially hunting less. I used my 2nd tag on April 11 this year. I never used my 3rd but i sure did enjoy trying for the next 3.5 weeks.

Is there not an whateverstateyouliveinducks?

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    I may get flamed but I think they hit the nail on the head.
    I am with you on this

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Nickel and dimed to death

. No new fees.

I do not have a problem with the fees for this reason, once it is set up like that it can ONLY be used as they have stated instead of going into a general budget

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Is there not an whateverstateyouliveinducks?
    Amen and amen!!

I reckon some of these folks don't realize that you don't have to hunt turkeys in our great state if you don't want to!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    Once it is set up like that they will only cost more the next year.
    fify
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Because you'd be paying taxes into the state other than just property tax. It makes sense that out of state residents should have to pay more on property taxes since they aren't contributing elsewhere. I could kind of see your point about 2 vs 3 tags until you got off on the poor pitiful me argument.

I wonder how many turkey lives will be saved by reducing out of state tags to 2. I’d wager not many
    Last edited by ShortMagFan; 05-14-2019 at 09:54 AM.

I can and will get over the money side of it (but that doesn’t mean i won’t bitch). But i’m Also pixxed off about potentially hunting less. I used my 2nd tag on April 11 this year. I never used my 3rd but i sure did enjoy trying for the next 3.5 weeks.
    You can type out "pissed" if you want, Jesus knows what you mean.......