Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Implements

the perfecta is a nice gadget.

if i had your scenario and only one 12 acre field, I woudnt buy all that shit people mentioned. I'd WANT it but wouldnt need it....

and i have never had big tractors so I do pretty well with a 6' bushhog, a small plow, and a rototiller.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I’ll have to disagree with tooth here. If you get a peach lease tractor you can get a 75hp tractor for what a small tractor cost almost. We got talked into getting a 75hp instead of a 45 or 55. I am so glad we did.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 05-13-2019 at 07:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    I’ll have to disagree with tooth here. If you get a peach lease tractor you can get a 75hp tractor for what a small tractor cost almost. We got talked into getting a 75hp instead of a 45 or 55. I am so glad we did.
    I assume these peach lease tractors are the ones I keep seeing over Edgefield way that are a year or two old
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Don't go less than 50 hp and 4x4 is a must. I was given this advice and thank my lucky stars that I heeded it.

Perfecta works great. I’ve covered oats/wheat with it and used as one pass seedbed prep behind burn down.

i'm not saying a 75hp, 4wd, cab tractor is a bad thing....i'm just saying if I owned 150 acres and only 12 of them were open, I wouldnt need all that shit.

my dad (and gene and guy) did more with small tractors that many of you could comprehend. we cant all afford big toys.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by smitch320 View Post
    I assume these peach lease tractors are the ones I keep seeing over Edgefield way that are a year or two old

Yes. They will have about 150 hours on them at the end of the summer. The jd dealership drops all the fluids and filters and changes all of it. Then they sell to you at a used price but give you new tractor financing and the full 4 year warranty.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 05-13-2019 at 07:55 AM.

It's amazing what an old 1955 farmall SuperM does for our 65acres every year
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

I’m with you 2th. My cab tractor stays in the hayfield or wide open fields. 5045 JD open station is my food plot tractor.

What I got
    60 hp 4x4 tractor with loader
    3 pt disc harrow
    ATV sprayer- boomless with wand
    3 pt spreader
    bottom plow for new land
    2 row planter
    HD bush hog
    8' drag harrow
    LPGS for my roads

next purchase will be a root rake style grapple

i'm not saying a 75hp, 4wd, cab tractor is a bad thing....i'm just saying if I owned 150 acres and only 12 of them were open, I wouldnt need all that shit.

my dad (and gene and guy) did more with small tractors that many of you could comprehend. we cant all afford big toys.
    I know what you mean. If I could afford all these toys I probably would have bigger than a 12 acre field.
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Great question. How would this list change if you had to trailer everything to different counties for the work? We lease/own several properties as well as help friends with dove fields and food plots. It seems every plot we take on gets bigger and bigger and we're purchasing bigger trailers, equipment, etc but we're starting to run out of tow vehicles and drivers. It also seems every new field we take on hasn't been worked in 20 years if ever, so I'm currently researching new implements like chisel plows.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by scoutlover View Post
    Great question. How would this list change if you had to trailer everything to different counties for the work? We lease/own several properties as well as help friends with dove fields and food plots. It seems every plot we take on gets bigger and bigger and we're purchasing bigger trailers, equipment, etc but we're starting to run out of tow vehicles and drivers. It also seems every new field we take on hasn't been worked in 20 years if ever, so I'm currently researching new implements like chisel plows.

You need a tractor with 60 inch spacing. A Ford/New Holland 4wd with at least 45 hp is a good choice.

I found a simple fertilizer distributor that I'm going to start using this season.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...16819&sfnsn=mo

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 05-13-2019 at 11:22 AM.

If you don’t get a chisel plow you will be sorry and think strongly about a loader with a four in one bucket.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

A nice pole shed to store all of the equipment is nice as well. With power and water it is also a great place to grill and have parties. Equipment that is covered will last a whole lot longer than stuff left in the rain. Most folks can build a pole shed themselves in a couple of weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Time View Post
    A nice pole shed to store all of the equipment is nice as well. With power and water it is also a great place to grill and have parties. Equipment that is covered will last a whole lot longer than stuff left in the rain. Most folks can build a pole shed themselves in a couple of weekends.
    My plan is to build a pole barn and live in a portion and have the other area to store said equipment, my old k10 and a few random things.

I’m putting together a list to have a mental checklist, haha.

Yes we did... especially your old man
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

Yes. They will have about 150 hours on them at the end of the summer. The jd dealership drops all the fluids and filters and changes all of it. Then they sell to you at a used price but give you new tractor financing and the full 4 year warranty.
    What dealership?
    Life's a garden, Dig it.

Blanchard ridge spring sc. You will want to talk to Lane.

Blanchard ridge spring sc. You will want to talk to Lane.
    Do you mind giving a general idea of what model and price range these peach lease tractors go for?