Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Implements

We go a 5075e 4x4 with the largest loader and bucket that fits. A 5’ offset harrow. For 40k I think 0% apr. 4 year warranty. I’ll have to look if that does not sound right.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    What I got
    60 hp 4x4 tractor with loader
    3 pt disc harrow
    ATV sprayer- boomless with wand
    3 pt spreader
    bottom plow for new land
    2 row planter
    HD bush hog
    8' drag harrow
    LPGS for my roads

next purchase will be a root rake style grapple
    I bought my tractor used( 4 years old) with 400 hrs open station, shuttle, with a canopy- I have a total of $17,175 in my entire list some purchased used- some new

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    I bought my tractor used( 4 years old) with 400 hrs open station, shuttle, with a canopy- I have a total of $17,175 in my entire list some purchased used- some new
    Everything for $17,175? Not bad!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Don't over look older model tractors. I bought a 1961 MF 35 for $2500 with a 6' finishing mower. Turned around and sold the mower for $500 and put it towards other implements. So far I have already prepared about 10 acres to plant. MF 35, 135 and Ford 3000s are great tractors that will handle what you want to do without going in debt.

You also need to check with your local nrcs for funding you might qualify. We did and it paid for the tractor and more.

Quote Originally Posted by duckchoppin View Post
    Don't over look older model tractors. I bought a 1961 MF 35 for $2500 with a 6' finishing mower. Turned around and sold the mower for $500 and put it towards other implements. So far I have already prepared about 10 acres to plant. MF 35, 135 and Ford 3000s are great tractors that will handle what you want to do without going in debt.
    No doubt. Probably the route I will go!
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    You also need to check with your local nrcs for funding you might qualify. We did and it paid for the tractor and more.
    Wait, wait, wait......BRR says that if you are enrolled in gov't programs and gov't funding for all the good you are doing for wildlife......Hell, nevermind!
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    It's amazing what an old 1955 farmall SuperM does for our 65acres every year
    Got a Farmall super A in the barn that my wife's grandfather and great grandfather used for many years to farm 50+ acres in South GA. I grew up on an H with the two tires close together on the front. I laugh at my 7 year old driving the tractor with power steering. He has no idea how good he has it.

Smaller tractors can do more than most give them credit for. And if you are going to be doing small foodplots and trails in the woods you might not want a big tractor.

Eff a bush hog. Worst thing for a quail or turkey.

It will be sitting quietly in the barn then BAM! May hits and all of a sudden you have an overwhelming urge to go mow down all your brood habitat. Next thing you know it’s the end of September and BAM! You have an overwhelming urge to go mow down your escape cover right before the hawk migration.

Thank goodness for that bush hog now you’ve got a neat and tidy farm.

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    Got a Farmall super A in the barn that my wife's grandfather and great grandfather used for many years to farm 50+ acres in South GA. I grew up on an H with the two tires close together on the front. I laugh at my 7 year old driving the tractor with power steering. He has no idea how good he has it.

Smaller tractors can do more than most give them credit for. And if you are going to be doing small foodplots and trails in the woods you might not want a big tractor.
    It's amazing how much people used to do with less

Dad has the SuperM, I had a sweet little SuperC that I regret selling.
    Both of them are tricycle front end. Right after I first got the superC I took it to a property to scratch up some food plots. I was loading it back on the trailer and had a chisel plow behind it. Anyway I had it sitting on the trailer and looked behind me as I was easing the plow down and throttled down a bit. I was about to hop off and strap her down but there was a problem. I never her took her out of gear. Soon as I left off the clutch she hopped up and rode over the winch on front of the trailer, over the metal bar behind the winch, over the toolbox on the tongue (crushing the lid in the process) and about the time I locked her down the front end came to rest with the tricycle front end straddling the jack. I was about a foot away from loading it up in the bed of my truck. Anyhow, I looked around an assessed the situation and decided there was only one thing to do. I was afraid to get down off the tractor for fear of disrupting the balancing act on the jack. I hit reverse and drove backwards across the toolbox, back over the big metal
    Bar on front and back over the winch.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

I've popped a few wheelies in my day. Never on a trailer but I could see how that could happen.

My mule is at the shop. While backing it off the trailer it popped off the tongue. Apparently the tongue lock didn't catch. That's a bad feeling when you are mid mistake and know you just have to commit.

A tractor has killed a lot of men but most of them were killed by tricycle front end tractors. Fuckers look neat but they are meant for parades and museums these days.
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    A tractor has killed a lot of men but most of them were killed by tricycle front end tractors. Fuckers look neat but they are meant for parades and museums these days.
    Like i said an old SuperM is still doing all of our work, it's a lot of tractor for the money considering what was paid for it.
    They're fun to to play around with but there are better options out there now days for sure.

When I sold the SuperC I about got ran over by the man that was buying it. I was standing by him on the tractor kind of in front of the back tire and talking to him and showing him some things as it was running and he was sitting in the seat. It was in gear ( I thought he had it in neutral) and he let off the clutch real quick on accident As he turned around to look at the PTO shaft. It popped forward and started taking off. The back tires pushed into me real quick like me and I had to jump backwards and roll to get out of the way
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Slaya and I have planted hundreds of acres of food plots and dove fields with 40 year old tractors, one disk, and one spreader. Buy what you can afford and keep moving up when you can. There is a lot of satisfaction in doing what you are contemplating.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Time View Post
    Slaya and I have planted hundreds of acres of food plots and dove fields with 40 year old tractors, one disk, and one spreader. Buy what you can afford and keep moving up when you can. There is a lot of satisfaction in doing what you are contemplating.
    Thanks! Got to start somewhere!

Welfare huh....
    All you farmers agree with that?
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    Welfare huh....
    All you farmers agree with that?
    I would imagine not, but it is what it is.

If that's your opinion, then undelete your post wise guy!

I am afraid that we are getting ready to learn how big of a national security issue it is to keep our farmers from going under. It is so wet in the midwest that they can't get corn and beans in the ground before crop insurance deadlines and more rain is coming.
    DILLIGAF

There is also a swine flu in Africa and China that when, or if, it comes to America it will desimate the hog farms. The protocol in place is to kill all hogs within the area of infection and leave them in the fields to rot as burning the carcasses does not kill the flu. Most of the corn grown in the Carolinas goes to hog and poultry feed mills. There would be a tremendous over supply of corn. Lets hope the swine flu doesn't come. God bless the farmers!