Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High School Bass Fishing

Default High School Bass Fishing

Well, last summer the idea was brought up to start a fishing team at Holly Hill Academy and I got volunteered to head it up. Having never bass fished a day in my life on any body of water other than a pond I was skeptical on how it would shake out but we got 2 teams that were committed and went for it. My boat had way less experience going into it because my boys were as green as me when it came to lake fishing but we busted our ass practicing and trying to learn as much as possible. 2 members on here (Daniel and Griffin) as well as another local friend helped answer all our questions and we couldn't have done it without them. Finished the season yesterday and the improvement over the first tournament in the fall was incredible, went from catching 1 fish the first tournament to figuring out what the hell we really needed to be doing and catching 11 with a few missed opportunities. All I can do is run the boat and the trolling motor but I cannot wait until next season! If anyone is interested in getting a team started at their highschool please shoot me a pm and I will get you in touch with the head man, it really is a blast and very well run, I think we had 96 boats fishing yesterday. Fastest growing high school sport in the country is what I'm told.
    IMG_5249.JPG
    IMG_5078.jpg
    IMG_4948.JPG
    344C6787-BF9E-40EA-A129-06CC60261E13.jpg

Thank you for passing it on. Let us know how SCDUCKS can help to raise funds for this mission...

Glitter is a necessity. More glitter = more fish and wimmens. Pro tip.
    That’s cool.

Glad I could help! Let me know if I can do anything else. Keep em on the water!
    Bah! Humbug!

That’s good stuff.

::

Excellent work, my man!

Awesome !!!!

Look up my friend Greg Holley's sons Sam and Jake. They are really getting notice over here. They have a youtube channel. FinzTwins TV

Great young men from a good family. Good luck to yall next season!!!
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Cool
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

Good stuff!
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    That’s good stuff.
    Blood on the big fellow, story?

Really can't believe you tried to catch bass in an uncarpeted boat. Shame on your for setting such a poor example to these fine young men.

As a correlary, expect high school pregnancy rates and hot female teacher divorce rates to skyrocket.

Good stuff!.. I would put some rubbers in the tackle box just in case.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I approve this message. Good work all around.
    "Pain, or damage don't end the world — or despair, or fu**in' beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, ......and give some back." -Al Swearingen

Great Job!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good Stuff. We were there and fish for South Florence. Tony runs a great program....and frankly some of the most fun I've had tournament fishing. Even better all with my son.
    All Men are self made, but, only the successful ones admit it!

2thDoc "because nothing matters till the games are played and clemson people have enjoyed success and know how to deal with it.

any other stupid questions?"......Classic!

CP#96743

Good deal and Thanks for helping out the kids.
    Bass fishing can be very addictive if they experience success and have a high competitive drive.

A big help to the team would be getting help on seasonal patterns, fish movements, historical hot spots and lures and possible a practice day with some very experienced tourney anglers.
    There is a lot more to winning consistently than just catching fish, especially when team fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    Good deal and Thanks for helping out the kids.
    Bass fishing can be very addictive if they experience success and have a high competitive drive.

A big help to the team would be getting help on seasonal patterns, fish movements, historical hot spots and lures and possible a practice day with some very experienced tourney anglers.
    There is a lot more to winning consistently than just catching fish, especially when team fishing.
    That's exactly what we have been doing. Patrick Walters carried them when he had some down time in October, a buddy who fishes with creosote bass anglers and does well in a lot of their tournaments had carried the boys 2 times, once in the fall and once in the spring, Daniel really put us on them at Wateree and let me know what we were doing right and wrong and this last tournament on Murray we figured out how to position the boat and what to look for with the deep water bite talking to griffin and my buddy Rob from the fishing club and the boys finally got that game figured out and we wanted to go back this morning something fierce. This was the first year in 15 that I didn't kill a turkey and it's because I spent every spare minute trying to get these kids on every fish I could. It's paying off big time, we've busted tail figuring out how to establish a pattern and they get better every trip. Both teams should finish the year in the high 20's low 30's out of 96 or so teams and being that it was the first year I am happy as can be! That big white boat is a fishing machine a drives the ladies wild sportin, only problem with it is the hp restriction limiting me to a 250!

Good stuff dad. Sounds like a great way to spend time with high school kids.

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    Good stuff dad. Sounds like a great way to spend time with high school kids.
    What makes this even cooler is that he isn’t a dad to these boys by title, only by example. It takes a special person to give that much time to kids that you are mentoring. Well done Ed!
    Last edited by redhead25; 05-12-2019 at 08:13 PM.