Thread: High Tide/ Mi-Tide

Default High Tide/ Mi-Tide

Has anyone bought the molds to the High Tide or Mi Tide boats? Should they make a comeback?

No they won’t sell them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Molds and or Plugs are simple to make....any builder who wanted to get into the business could splash a hull in a weekend. My guess is that there isn’t a huge demand or a large profit to be made.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmettoTrooper View Post
    Molds and or Plugs are simple to make....any builder who wanted to get into the business could splash a hull in a weekend. My guess is that there isn’t a huge demand or a large profit to be made.
    I think a motivated person could sell a lot of those boats. Like a lot....

I think they could be sold and done well with again. I heard they would sell the molds but wanted a rediculous price for some molds that were beat.

I’d like to see them come back personally. I would have bought the 1602 cc had it been available somewhere when I was buying a boat a while back.

Somebody who has one just needs to lay down a mold and get after it!

Quote Originally Posted by bitesize View Post
    Somebody who has one just needs to lay down a mold and get after it!
    Yes sir

If they’re so desirable, why do they keep folding? Hell, I know where four are for sale now within 4 miles of my house.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I'm rebuilding a 15 now and am working on a new hull design in my free time, we'll see if it ever comes to life

I have not owned one personally, but I have quite a few buddies that have. I really like the layout, but no one seems to keep one very long. A 15’ boat has its place, but I also believe it would be tough to be real profitable.

Does anyone know the pros and cons of the bottoms of the early 1602s vs the newer ones. They had two different bottoms.

How much you reckon it would cost to slash one?

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    If they’re so desirable, why do they keep folding? Hell, I know where four are for sale now within 4 miles of my house.
    Probably poor money management or under capitalized. Were the last owners in the boat business before , or was it just a whim to get int the business.

You could build that boat for less than $4k. In order to be profitable you need to be able to buy materials in bulk and use them before going bad. Huge savings in bulk vs one-off. Biggest issue is when owner/founder stops getting dirty and starts relying on outside help to do the glass work. Lots of turnover in the industry and if not done properly can lead to lots of warranty/quality issues. Ive run the numbers and looked at the molds before the current owners and it can be profitable business. Need to be well capitalized and not relying on debt to get through the slow times.
    Last edited by bitesize; 05-13-2019 at 07:58 AM.

Id buy another one. Miss my old super v. If it hadn't been s short transom I prob would have kept it. That big ol merc on the back and 12 gallon tank didn't leave much transom out of the water but she would roll out
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

You can get a brand new fast craft in a 15 model. I know the guy that builds them in batesburg,sc
    Hancock 70 Yamaha