Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What if?

I don’t wanna be perceived as being a smart ass or anything but caring on this subject.

I appreciate Lee pointing out I had come across that way.

I am sorry for that.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

The point of this thread was that there are cures out there, there are drugs they refuse to repurpose because there is no money in it. You can buy a months supply of Panacure C at Tractor Supply for $20.00 to worm your dogs and people are using it to kill cancer. You won't find any research facility or oncologist support the use of these drugs though. What other drugs are out there that cost next to nothing yet could attack and kill the viral aspect of cancers thereby killing the cancer? Without insurance, the Temolazide that Emily took for her chemo was about $450.00/pill, that is insane. We are very lucky that she set up the insurance for her company and has been the administrator for it. She also had the foresight to hire an insurance advocacy group to deal with the in's, out's and games they play, don't get me started on the load of crap BCBS has been trying to pull, all of a sudden we are out of network for MUSC, the largest HC provider in the state, uhmm nope meet our advisory group and attorneys. We also have a cancer policy she purchased separately, best $20.00/mo we've ever spent.

One piece of advice to you younger guys, get your insurance squared away and buy some of these policies while you are young, healthy and they are cheap. It can really help later if the worst comes to pass and you are facing something like we are.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie Glover View Post
    I know you have not thought this through; however, C####R does not give a damn about money or prestige. If money could make you cancer free, then Tiger Woods Dad and Microsoft Co-founder Paul Allen would still be alive. Paul Allen was worth over $21 billion when he died earlier this year and that is after giving away tens of billions before. Tiger Woods would have won 20+ majors by now had his Dad lived. I know you did not mean harm by it, but just know there is no privileged class that is immune or has a secret cure. If there is, money cannot buy it. MG
    I agree. I don't think Silent put a lot of thought into what he was saying. It could be argued Steve Jobs was one of the most powerful businessmen in the world when he was stricken with cancer. One of the most powerful American political families, the Kennedys, have seen Ted and Jackie O die of cancer. More recently, Sen. John McCain died as a result of cancer. Hell, cancer killed Dalton, and he was the baddest son of a gun on the planet at one point.

Some receive better care because they have resources, but that doesn't equate to the disease discriminating against those who have less.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    The point of this thread was that there are cures out there, there are drugs they refuse to repurpose because there is no money in it. You can buy a months supply of Panacure C at Tractor Supply for $20.00 to worm your dogs and people are using it to kill cancer. You won't find any research facility or oncologist support the use of these drugs though. What other drugs are out there that cost next to nothing yet could attack and kill the viral aspect of cancers thereby killing the cancer? Without insurance, the Temolazide that Emily took for her chemo was about $450.00/pill, that is insane. We are very lucky that she set up the insurance for her company and has been the administrator for it. She also had the foresight to hire an insurance advocacy group to deal with the in's, out's and games they play, don't get me started on the load of crap BCBS has been trying to pull, all of a sudden we are out of network for MUSC, the largest HC provider in the state, uhmm nope meet our advisory group and attorneys. We also have a cancer policy she purchased separately, best $20.00/mo we've ever spent.

One piece of advice to you younger guys, get your insurance squared away and buy some of these policies while you are young, healthy and they are cheap. It can really help later if the worst comes to pass and you are facing something like we are.
    Don't bite on the claim no one is looking because the drug is cheap...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29744876 "Flubendazole elicits anti-metastatic effects in triple-negative breast cancer via STAT3 inhibition." 2018

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25811972 "Flubendazole, FDA-approved anthelmintic, targets breast cancer stem-like cells." 2015

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29426058 "The metabolism of flubendazole in human liver and cancer cell lines." 2018

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41420-017-0017-2 "Flubendazole inhibits glioma proliferation by G2/M cell cycle arrest and pro-apoptosis" 2018

https://www.dovepress.com/the-anthel...ed-article-OTT "The anthelmintic drug flubendazole induces cell apoptosis and inhibits NF-κB signaling in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma" 2019

Yes, I’ve seen all those articles. They won’t be repurposed though unless they’re done under a new name. There’s about 400 articles on NCBI about non-ionized radiation causing brain tumors but according to the FCC and industry, they don’t so it’s swept under the rug because it would hurt profits.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Yes, I’ve seen all those articles. They won’t be repurposed though unless they’re done under a new name. There’s about 400 articles on NCBI about non-ionized radiation causing brain tumors but according to the FCC and industry, they don’t so it’s swept under the rug because it would hurt profits.
    It's odd someone hasn't repurposed it. Once a compound is off patent the compound itself cannot go back on but you can get a patent for a different use/purpose. A veterinarian did this with cyclosporin back in the 70's or 80's when she got the patent for using cyclosporin in eye drops to treat chronic dry eye, know as KCS.

Seems someone could do the same with fenbendazole and repurpose it and get a patent for cancer treatment. Would just need the studies to back it up.

My guess is since it is available otc it will never happen because the dosing regiment would leak and no one would buy it from big pharma or they'd have to make it RX only and really show their true colors.
    Last edited by Glenn; 05-07-2019 at 07:35 PM.

Salty your family is in our prayers! Duke is great! We will be there Wednesday,wife has been fighting almost two years now. She has pmp.Cancer sucks is an understatement.

Quote Originally Posted by duckfan44 View Post
    Salty your family is in our prayers! Duke is great! We will be there Wednesday,wife has been fighting almost two years now. She has pmp.Cancer sucks is an understatement.
    And we’ll add you to ours, drive safe. How long will you be there? Heading up next Tuesday AM but will only be there for the day.

Hopefully just next Wednesday. Drive up Tuesday afternoon.