Thread: Wrens

Default Wrens

Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

I have not seen mine in her usual spot this year. I'll have to look around and see if she moved.

We have some on the front porch at Edisto right now. I almost watered them in the flowerbox.

Three of the four hanging ferns my wife put on the porch have nests, two have hatched.

Theres one in my gas tank, went to check how much gas I had in the tank yesterday evening and I though a velociraptor was coming out of that little hole when I touched the lid. I screamed like a little girl.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

I usually have 1 on the back porch and 1 in the paper section of the mailbox. I'm sure my mail lady loves me..

Yeah that's an established nest in the barn in a storage bin and has been there for years. The pair roosted there in the nest all winter even. Took the pictures for my daughter mostly but figured someone here might appreciate them too.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Took me 10 mins to get the nest out of my yamaha 250

And the blue birds are rocking already this year as well.

I’ve had eggs in our fern for two weeks. The bird has gotten into the house 3 times now. About eviction time.

One in the corner of my tool shed.

There was a hole in one of my porch columns when I bought my house. I was going to cover it up but the bluebird have had multiple clutches in it every year so I've left it open.

Quote Originally Posted by ersepton View Post
    I’ve had eggs in our fern for two weeks. The bird has gotten into the house 3 times now. About eviction time.
    Dude, don't even start. I've got a wreath hanging on my front door, thanks to my better half. Apparently the wrens in my neck of the woods think it's cool to hang out there. At night when I let the dogs out to take that last bathroom break I sling the door open only to have her fly right in the house. Kinda getting used to it I guess. My cats usually catch it, then I have to pry the bird from it's jaws.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    Dude, don't even start. I've got a wreath hanging on my front door, thanks to my better half. Apparently the wrens in my neck of the woods think it's cool to hang out there. At night when I let the dogs out to take that last bathroom break I sling the door open only to have her fly right in the house. Kinda getting used to it I guess. My cats usually catch it, then I have to pry the bird from it's jaws.
    Use the other door...

Opening that door is simply habit. I walk in and out of it dozens of times a day. Seems like after dark they like to hang on that wrath then fly right in. Like I said, I've gotten used to it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

The snake skin in the nest is a nice touch
    Last edited by uga_dawg; 06-17-2019 at 02:09 PM.

My boys know there is a $5 bounty on any male red birds. Those sumbeyotches have shit down the side of everyone of my vehicles. Trying to kick bird's ass in the mirror.