Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you consider "hunting"?

8 head of my hounds behind a 2 1/2-3 1/2 yr old 6,7,8pointed animal, the third week of October, leaving me in a briar hamper heading towards Robbie or Daddy, shaking the ground..

Brrrrdddddppppppp, pow, pow, pim, and pow..

Whooooooooooooooowww, I Got him!!!!

Lets catch these dogs up and turn them aloose on the other side on that cutdown..

Smell of wet dogs, burnt powder and the stench of a rutting buck in Santee Swamp..

High 5s, damn at all the high 5s.. Hugs, bear hugs, and quick cell phone pics..

Damnit, smile..

Mid Morning honey bun and a diet Mt. Dew..

If that's all I ever get to do in the woods, I'll die happy.
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post
    8 head of my hounds behind a 2 1/2-3 1/2 yr old 6,7,8pointed animal, the third week of October, leaving me in a briar hamper heading towards Robbie or Daddy, shaking the ground..

Brrrrdddddppppppp, pow, pow, pim, and pow..

Whooooooooooooooowww, I Got him!!!!

Lets catch these dogs up and turn them aloose on the other side on that cutdown..

Smell of wet dogs, burnt powder and the stench of a rutting buck in Santee Swamp..

High 5s, damn at all the high 5s.. Hugs, bear hugs, and quick cell phone pics..

Damnit, smile..

Mid Morning honey bun and a diet Mt. Dew..

If that's all I ever get to do in the woods, I'll die happy.
    Thanks for letting me relive my younger days running dogs. Spot on

For deer? Finding sign, hunting it, killing as good a buck as the area has to offer (or a smaller buck or doe as the mood strikes me) and being satisfied with it. Effort required plays a big part in the satisfaction of the hunt. Just where I am at with it now. No qualms with how others hunt as long as it's legal. Glad to pattern and kill a deer headed to the neighbors corn pile.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Quote Originally Posted by santee11 View Post
    Being 10 years old with a 22 walking a branch shooting squirrels with any dog that will go with you.
    At that age it was amazing how fast I could go through a brick. I can still picture that Winchester box with a price tag on it from gold kist.

I do not own land. For me, the experience is not quite the same going to a property you have never seen before and sitting in a tree stand over a corn pile. That ain't much of a hunt.
    DILLIGAF