Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New mom-mobile search

Default New mom-mobile search

Getting ready to buy my wife a new(to her) SUV in the next couple of months. My requirements are 4x4, bucket seats in 2nd row, and reliable. Her requirements are a radio and that it drives forwards and backwards. She’s currently in a 2011 Expedition and I hate the vehicle. The ride is way too spongy and bouncy and the steering is sensitive to a fault. I’m trying to decide if a Toyota Sequoia or a Tahoe/ Suburban. Any input on reliability of one over the other?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

I’m not familiar with the Sequoia but have always had Tahoes & Suburbans. I’m sure it just comes down to which one you’re the most comfortable in.

F77DCE27-2327-42FF-9FF5-662059AA6419.jpeg

Go ahead and get her a minivan. Toyota’s are pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by BEAR View Post
    F77DCE27-2327-42FF-9FF5-662059AA6419.jpeg

Go ahead and get her a minivan. Toyota’s are pretty good.
    I brought up that option. She informed me that she’d leave me if I brought one of those home. She’s so unreasonable sometimes.

Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Check into the Honda pilots while you are shopping. As reliable as they come. Of the ones listed the sequoia gets my vote
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

Every milf drives a ltz Tahoe, but I know the Chevys have had tranny and Ac issues lately. 4Runner or have you ever considered a Subaru. Maybe a Chevy traverse?

Quote Originally Posted by ScLowCountry View Post
    Every milf drives a ltz Tahoe, but I know the Chevys have had tranny and Ac issues lately. 4Runner or have you ever considered a Subaru. Maybe a Chevy traverse?
    To add to this. We spoke to a few folks and the new traverse has more room inside than the Tahoe’s.. we are doing the same search

Go find a suburban from a funeral home. Guaranteed to have had lived an easy life and well maintained. Axe me how I know.
    Last edited by SaltMuck; 04-28-2019 at 07:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Bought the wife a traverse back in September. Second row bucket seats good gas mileage. Wife loves it.

Toyota.

Land Cruiser, Sequoia, 4Runner, or Highlander. I’d go with a Land Cruiser or Sequoia myself.

I’ll have a hard time getting her to agree to anything other than a full size suv. I’d rather a 4-runner or pilot size mo-bile myself, but...

Sequoia...rides great, nice power and amenities. Reliable and holds its value well

Sequoia if not a 4runner

I ain’t gonna lie. I bought my wife a Honda Odyssey. It’s got plenty of room to fit my crew. Honestly my wife doesn’t need to drive a big vehicle that drinks gas around town.
    867-5309

Have her sit in one of the new Pilots. That will probably be my wife’s next ride. We have the previous generation Pilot and have had no problems with it. My parents still have the generation before ours with zero problems. The newer Pilots seem to have a lot more room in them than ours. Think the very top of the line ones have the 9 speed transmission which have had some complaints. Think you can get the EXL with the six speed and it is still pretty loaded.

I know I may get flamed for this but the wife and I looked at the KIA telluride. If I was buying an SUV right now that’s what I would get.

I like the new KIAs too, but I worry about them having to get the kinks worked out of a new model.

Land cruiser. Yolo. End thread.

Land Cruiser but it doesn’t come with 2nd row bucket seats. It’s full time 4wd as well so, MPG isn’t fantastic, we get 15 City and 18hwy in the 200, 15 in the 100. There isn’t another SUV that’s close in ride. Find one that’s 2-3 years old, it’ll be comparable in price to a domestic SUV but the difference is LC’s are designed for 25yrs of service, domestic’s for 5-10.

If you go Sequoia, get the Platinum. Suspension in them is based on the LC, not the Tundra.

After having LC’s for 10yrs now, I won’t even bother looking at other makes again. We tried before buying the 200 and our old 100 drove better than a new other brand. Heck my ‘99 hunting 100 drives better than most new SUV’s and it’s got 260k on the odometer.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    I know I may get flamed for this but the wife and I looked at the KIA telluride. If I was buying an SUV right now that’s what I would get.
    Concur. Started researching these the other day. Seems like a lot of bang for your buck.