80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

63 78.75%
  • No

17 21.25%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Drug testing staff in schools

Default Drug testing staff in schools

Do you think Teachers (elementary through high school including administration) should be required to pass a pre employment drug screen along with responsible suspicion and post accident or should they be held to the standard of just resionable suspicion and post accident testing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    now Hogan can fuck off on here all day and call it work, thanks!

I had several really good teachers in high school that would not pass a drug test. Also, of all the terrible teachers I had I don’t think drugs was the cause of there terribleness.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

I voted "yes"; however, to be fair, state employees are not tested when they are hired either. It came as a surprise to me. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

The topic came up with a large contractor.... they conduct pre hire drug testing because the nature of their business is inherently mare dangerous than others, so they conduct pre hire, random, suspicion and post accident. When the topic of school teachers came up, they discussed their policy being only resionable suspicion and post accident. It got me thinking if pre hire would be something y’all would consider important with the individuals educating your children
    now Hogan can fuck off on here all day and call it work, thanks!

and politicians too thank you
    Last edited by Frank1; 04-26-2019 at 02:04 PM.

I voted yes, BUT I don't think Marijuana should be included on the list of drugs.

There wouldn't be enough to fill the positions...

They should test every one of them every Monday AM.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie Glover View Post
    I voted "yes"; however, to be fair, state employees are not tested when they are hired either. It came as a surprise to me. MG
    It surprised me as well when one of my girlfriends friends said they didn't get tested during the hiring process or anytime after.

Good for her I guess because she wouldn't pass one if they did.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

If they test for marijuana they should test for alcohol as well. I had a few teachers in school, all levels, that at times were barely coherent.

She'd fail that too.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Yes, and marijuana included.

Why should our public school teachers be exempt from passing a pre employment drug test?
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

D2 closed next Wednesday so teachers could go protest.

I voted no because if I was a teacher, I’d need drugs to deal with some of these kids nowadays.
    867-5309

Quote Originally Posted by Relentlous View Post
    I voted no because if I was a teacher, I’d need drugs to deal with some of these kids nowadays.
    My thoughts exactly!

If it is a public school, and until there is competition it should be yes......BUT

I really could care less if it was a private school, and or we had competition. IE the kids took the money in their back pack to the best schools.

At that point the kids will go to the best schools and they will succeed. The other schools will not fail, but merely be smaller and will have to charge less.

Those margin basement schools may be forced to higher Mr. Stoner. due to lack of warm bodies.

However the best schools might want to higher a particular teacher because they are the best. That teacher may be a functioning user of some substance.

If the kids aren't forced to go to X school like they are today, and we get some choice I have no issue.

Under current conditions I'm compelled to vote yes, but I will vote present for the time being.

As to Rentless and Pharmhunter, as long as you have a script it doesn't matter if you piss hot, assuming it isn't a illegal drug.

There are plenty of people on things that would show up as a drug that get tested at various jobs, but as long as the have a script for the corresponding drug they are fine.

Its what makes a guy on morphine written from a Dr legal while the guy on black tar heroine from Gtown illegal. The Dr prescribed it. We give Dr's the ability to give us drugs as they see we need them, not what we think we need as a society.
    Last edited by Silentweapon338; 04-26-2019 at 03:59 PM.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

I've never understood why a government job didn't have the same requirements as a private sector job. But I doubt most college and universities give drug test.

I'm more supportive of iq tests for certain jobs. This thread helps to support that need.

I know a lot of teachers, A LOT! Many of who don't partake and many who do. The best ones are pot heads. I vote NO!
    Mainly because we have enough rules and regs! Always ways around a silly piss test.

Hell I used to get the best weed from 5.0 back in the day...
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

Quote Originally Posted by fro View Post
    The best ones are pot heads. I vote NO! Hell I used to get the best weed from 5.0 back in the day...

I'll take the the united california of America for 500, please Alex.

“Muh butts been wiped.” TheBigGuy
    “Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” PedoPete, Esq.
    “Let’s go Brandon, I agree!” former Vice President Joe Biden
    “Shower time, Ashley.” NotAndyTaylor