Thread: 700 5R Gen2

Default 700 5R Gen2

Who has one? Are the actions better polished and refined than say an SPS model or did they stick and SPS in a HS Precision stock and slap a Cerakote finish on it?
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I have one. Not sure if it is a gen 2. I bought it used and set the way it is so I dont know a ton about it other than it shoots well out to 750yds and likely further I just ran out of room. If I can look at something in particular on the rifle and answer your questions I am happy to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My money is on just a different barrel and stock with same ole action. I was told by a guy that worked for Remington that all their actions are the same even in more expensive models.

Ive got a Gen 1. It was a 308 now it’s a 6.5. Gen 2 is just different calibers and paint.
    Better stock and barrel than the SPS guns. They typically shoot pretty well out of the box.
    I put a trigger in mine and started shooting matches with it as a 308. Went to a match in NC. We shot eggs on golf ball tees out to 350. I was the only shooter in my squad to get a 1st round hit at 350. Factory rifle that I put a Rifle Basix trigger in. With 118 LR ammo it would shoot .5-.7 if I did my part. I’d buy another in a second if I was in the market.

Default 700 5R Gen2

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    Ive got a Gen 1. It was a 308 now it’s a 6.5. Gen 2 is just different calibers and paint.
    Better stock and barrel than the SPS guns. They typically shoot pretty well out of the box.
    I put a trigger in mine and started shooting matches with it as a 308. Went to a match in NC. We shot eggs on golf ball tees out to 350. I was the only shooter in my squad to get a 1st round hit at 350. Factory rifle that I put a Rifle Basix trigger in. With 118 LR ammo it would shoot .5-.7 if I did my part. I’d buy another in a second if I was in the market.
    Ive been super happy with mine as well although I have no idea what gen it is. I know it has been bedded and has aftermarket trigger and maybe mag well. Other than that I think it hasnt had much done. I haven’t tried for super tight groups at any kind of range over 200 but I can make three shot groups touch with hornady SST (158gr?) at 100yds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Islandguy85; 04-26-2019 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    I'm trying to decide if I want a 6.5 or another .300.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

6.5 is easier on the shoulder and pocket book. Hornady match ammo is damn good and can be had for $1 per round if you don’t want to reload. It wasn’t an option when I got mine. I’d go 6.5 and never look back.

What FLS said. If it doesn’t perform to your expectations, it could be easily upgraded (ie, bedding, truing, etc)