Thread: Armalite AR-10T carbine 16”

That’s a good one. Armalite builds a solid rifle. I’ve put a ton of rounds thru my AR 10

I have a armalite m15 with same scope

What is the he muzzle velocity out of that 16 inch barrel? Looks fun!

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

I havent personally chrono'd but Im reading around 2600 fps for most stuff & I think I read 2466 fps for FGMM out of a 16" AR10. Thats what I got plugged into my Strelok app right now.
    Last edited by walt4dun; 05-08-2019 at 11:06 AM.

Double ear plugs
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

My 18” is a hammer with 118 LR. I’ve got a Leupold Prismatic on it and out to 400 it’s easy to connect. Beyond that the holdover with the dot it getting pretty sporty. Armalite put good barrels in the 10Ts. I’ve got a JP compensator on mine and it really reduces muzzle jump but it is FUCKING LOUD.
    Last edited by FLS; 05-08-2019 at 01:57 PM.

Loud for sure.

The plan is to can.

I've got a 16" barrel and it isn't much fun to shoot without a can. It doesn't just hit you in the ears. It feels like a whole body slap.

You may need an adjustable gas block when you put a can on but play with the buffer weight first. On mine, a heavier buffer had a lot more effect on taming the bolt than the gas block. Before swapping out buffers, I could crank down the gas port until it wouldn't cycle and then open it ever so slightly and it would still hit the back of the receiver too hard. With the heavy buffer, the gas adjustment is a lot more forgiving. I can shoot it with or without the can with a bunch of different weight bullets and not have to adjust the gas block.