Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Obesity and the military

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'm continually amazed at how little people care about their health these days. It's as if there is some type of glory and elevation in status to be perpetually obese, sick and on medication. And with the adults not caring about themselves and unwilling to set a good dietary example for their kids we wind up with fat sugar and bread fueled kids who are unfit for service.
    grossly underestimate people's laziness. we've had it so good, for so long, with everything we could ever possibly want at our fingertips, that there's absolutely no incentive to try to better oneself physically or intellectually. people don't want to stick with something long enough to realize the health and mental benefits that exercise provides.

fwiw i also still like bread. a lot. and beer.
    Last edited by ziggy; 04-24-2019 at 11:10 AM.
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

I must live in a bubble cause I don’t hardly see any of this. Every time I get invited over to someone’s house for supper it’s mashed cauliflower and Dave’s fancy $8 bread, and all organic non gmo stuff with hummus out the wazoo. Most everyone my age I know is very active.

Shit isn’t cheap either. Girlfriend was proud she got out of Whole Foods yesterday for $185 for half a weeks worth of food.

We threw a bunch of those cracker jack ones, had a course we had to go through. I do remember that, but real ones... It was only one or two. I remember saying something to my DS about what to hit when it came to the live one.. He told me he didn't give a s*** as long as it got out of the bunker.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    We threw a bunch of those cracker jack ones, had a course we had to go through. I do remember that, but real ones... It was only one or two. I remember saying something to my DS about what to hit when it came to the live one.. He told me he didn't give a s*** as long as it got out of the bunker.
    I went through basic in 93 at Benning. Was supposed to throw 2 grenades in live bay. I only got to throw one because I cooked it off before throwing it. Should have seen that DS eyes when that spoon flipped off the grenade and landed in the pit before I through it. Several years later my platoon was running a grenade range at the end of the fiscal year. Had cases had cases of grenades. My arm hurt from tossing them damn things.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post
    I also read somewhere that they are going to start assigning 2LT to every basic training platoon. Evidently the army has a pile of them just hanging around s in order to get them PL time, they are going to assign them there. Supposed to help give more time back to the DS by having the LT's handle some of the non training aspects of basic.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by swampknob View Post
    I must live in a bubble cause I don’t hardly see any of this. Every time I get invited over to someone’s house for supper it’s mashed cauliflower and Dave’s fancy $8 bread, and all organic non gmo stuff with hummus out the wazoo. Most everyone my age I know is very active.

Shit isn’t cheap either. Girlfriend was proud she got out of Whole Foods yesterday for $185 for half a weeks worth of food.
    Living that Subdivision life! We eat good around here and nobody's fat, nobody's lazy either though and those 2 go hand in hand. Mashed cauliflower, never been that hungry.....

Whole Foods?!

I feed a family of 6 for less than a franklin a week at Aldi and we eat healthier than anyone I know. Food ain't fashion. No need to go broke trying to show how woke you are.

I pay zero dollars a week eating her food so I got you beat. Don’t really care what store she buys it from. I eat just fine, my only thing I really keep an eye out for is if the ingredients are something I can’t pronounce. Tonight we are eating grilled snapper and veggies. The struggle is real.

My mama says I’m big boned
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Dang. Where you get a sugar mamma?

Dang. Where you get a sugar mamma?
    Whole Foods

they aint cheap, but they worth it
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by swampknob View Post
    Whole Foods

Whole Foods?!

I feed a family of 6 for less than a franklin a week at Aldi and we eat healthier than anyone I know. Food ain't fashion. No need to go broke trying to show how woke you are.
    Shit. My wife lives to spend 2 franklins a week. It is like her life goal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#OfficerMoney

There's a Basil next to the Whole Foods I run over to in Columbia. The wife and I will eat lunch, and walk next door so I can grab weird odds and ends, no confluence. It's not like you could form a meal with all of it.. Then I hit the pastry section.

in the Army, Privates can graduate basic training with out ever having to pass the physical fitness test.

Quote Originally Posted by scbulldog View Post
    in the Army, Privates can graduate basic training with out ever having to pass the physical fitness test.
    Who told you that lie?

Quote Originally Posted by Carolinacrazy View Post
    Who told you that lie?
    I have seen it with my own eyes.
    Last edited by scbulldog; 12-15-2021 at 11:59 AM.

We got a guy that can throw a frag over 100 yards. Laser rangefinder confirmed. There is enough hang time to dang near air burst it. Impressive.
    Most people throw it about 50 yards and that's all they got. Hear a lot of people say they can throw one 100 yards. Only one I seen do it.