Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Mattress

Default New Mattress

I have back problems and the doc has recommended three brands. Does anyone have experience with Lull, Purple, or Nectar mattresses?

Try Jay the site sponsor bet he can build you what you need.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Tell your dr to pound sand and call Jay. Get a better mattress and your wallet won’t hurt as bad.

Engineered Sleep in Greenville.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

My sister-n-law has a nectar. says it is great but I question how much support can be provided by something that ships like a sleeping bag. We have had a comfortaire for the last 12 years and it is going in the garbage as soon as I have a free afternoon to go see Jay

Don't buy those online memory foam beds. Highest returns in the industry. Depends on how much you want to spend though.

Jay's made two for us, great products at a reasonable price. Call him.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Jay. He's the Buice of mattress makin'. If mattress makin' had legions he'd be like 18th or so.

#MFC

Thanks. I will give them a call. I now live in Virginia so we will have to see how that works with them.

He be shippin'

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Jay. He's the Buice of mattress makin'. If mattress makin' had legions he'd be like 18th or so.

#MFC
    The KRT of the mattress world so to speak?

Just diesel mattresses.

Another recommendation for Engineered Sleep in g’ville. Love ours and my folks recently replaced a much more expensive name brand set (only a few years old) based on my recommendation and have been extremely pleased as well.

Jay makes a damn good mattress.

Not today china
    Last edited by Highstrung; 04-14-2021 at 05:59 AM.

I have returned a purple 4 and a purple 3. My wife is usually on the "buy the most expensive cause it is the best" plan. She initiated the returns on both.

Nectar and lull are pretty much trash. Just an all foam bed that you will not like in a few months/years. Purple has more substance to it but I am not a fan of the column wall gel that they use in the product. Not to mention it is incredibly heavy. Unfortunately a lot of people with back issues look to the mattress as a solution. While it can make you more comfortable, it is rarely ever the cause or solution to any back problems. Something that does seem to help is having an adjustable base where you can better find a position that causes the least amount of pain.

Jays being modest. Or legally he cant say his are the best and cure back pain. My wife ordered an online mattress that I hated but put up with for years. Had back issues all the time and Im 37. While she was in the hospital at patewood I went across the street and bought one from Davis. Havent had a problem since. Those mattresses are the best, get one from Jay and his company.

Doesn’t Jay make a custom fit mattress for RVs and boat?
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Steelin' Ducks is the KRT of suppressors and such.

I spoke to Davis today. We currently have a sleep number and mornings are getting tough. Do all you guys have the ES series? I was looking at one with the 3" topper. Any input on that model is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    Doesn’t Jay make a custom fit mattress for RVs and boat?
    Looks like atleast for RV based on website when I looked earlier.

Kind of in the market myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk