Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Parenting

Quote Originally Posted by boondoggle View Post
    And then comes the happy day, when you can send him to the liquor store

That came at 13 years old for us. They sent us without any money to the liquor store at the Cricket Shop. Never mind that we didn't even have licences to drive...

Quote Originally Posted by raybird View Post
    Currently feeding twin 8 week old preemies girls their 3am feed.

I’ve only had mine home 2 weeks, parenting ain’t no joke,
    That 3am with twins ain’t no joke.

Quote Originally Posted by CurLee View Post
    You're either really fast with a camera phone or he pees on the floor often.
    I had my phone in my hand, and then he came running around the corner and just started peeing. I couldn’t pass up the opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by quackaddict View Post
    I had my phone in my hand, and then he came running around the corner and just started peeing. I couldn’t pass up the opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by tot View Post
    Didn't have twins. And truth be told my wife took the brunt of the it when they were little little. But I remember being overwhelmed with my first one. Had an older guy at church tell me I just had to make it through the first 3 months. Then as it got closer to 3 months I noticed he started saying just make it past the first 6 months. I asked him about it and he just smiled like he didn't know what I was talking about. He didn't pull another switch at 6 months and truth is that after 6 months it got alot more fun. And it hasn't slowed down yet.

And you're right about a boy and a dog Dave.

Was up feeding at 3 am as well...... Although mine is teething and has a cold.....Only 6 months old and I really don't recall what it was like before hand.... Until we go to leave the house and it takes forever to get any place.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

It does indeed take forever to go anywhere or do anything.

And it can be embarrassing at a restaurant
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

If you have a girl it doesn't get better as they get older. Me and the boy just stand by the truck wondering what is taking the girls so long.

I keep telling him to get used to it. I make him stand there so as to prepare him for life.

Fine parenting, my man, that’s all you can do.

Enjoy it while you can. They grow up way to fast!
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by tot View Post
    wussies

the key is to smile during these times and honestly appreciate the events. What you think is a "big deal" now will fade away....

Good stuff
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

and dont get me started on the universal blame for everything: TEETHING

its a non issue....

I shoulda tried pissing on the floor when i was little. Probably would have had a picture of a very red ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Until you volunteer to keep your sisters child.

I've been reminded of the wake up call. That bone chilling scream.

My sister and her husband are trying to keep their new born at home rather than stick her in a nursery while they work.

It just so happened both of them were scheduled to work today, they are both nurses, and have been successful so far at bouncing her back and forth.

My wife volunteered to watch my niece today for 12 hours! Well closer to 13 for travel time.

I didn't forget, but as my usual morning routine kicked in, it wasn't on my mind.

About 6 as I was starting to rise and shine and start the morning routine I hear this blood curdling scream, and my younger Rhodesian Ridgebacks go crazy. I went from half awake to awake in 1/100th of a second. Once I reconciled my own self that the rapture wasn't happening, I then turned to the Rhodesian Ridgeback that sleeps with me who was staring at me like something is wrong. I assured her it was ok, and we sunk back into our usual routine.

Its something that you just adapt to and accept. You will appreciate it later in life, especially the part when you don't have to do it any more!!

I don't think I heard that kid take a breath from the time she walked in until 5 min ago. Its' possible while I was in the shower, but I doubt it.

At first we thought the RR startled her, but we are now thinking that it is being away from her house. She usually does fine with my wife so that is out.

She is only 5 moths old.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

~Scatter Shot

She is only 5 moths old.
    that's your answer

Hahah, I've got a 6 month old and there's already never a dull moment now that she's starting to crawl around! Thanks for letting me know what to look forward to in the near future, can't wait!
    "some men are mere hunters, others are turkey hunters"-Archibald Rutledge

Did somebody say twins... and kennels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a ton of photos of my youngest crawling in kennels. She use to love to get in them. It was like a big play pen. To a degree it was they were for RR. So they were rather larger kennels.

I would never post the photos for fear of what some idiot would think, and then try to prosecute me for.

I think life is great and there are funny moments just like the little boy pissing and this kernel pic. It is a shame we all have to think like this. My fir thought was some damn pedophile would be jacking off to the little boy.

Its a shame society has come to that.

I applaud you boys for having more nuts than me, by posting!
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot