Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are laws/rules on side by sides on public roads ??

DOT 8-ply tire that can still handle the off-road. Best of both worlds.

61F983E8-E999-4F52-B5D5-2A9C1E8B3C0C.jpeg

I've got side mirrors, windshield, seatbelts, insurance, and golf cart sticker on the Pioneer. If I get pulled, at least I have that going for me. About the only thing against me is some aggressive-ass tires... Any cop can be a dick or pleasant.

The "farm triangle" route isn't legal because it isn't a true "low-speed vehicle".

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    A better question would be, do the open container laws apply to side by sides like they do regular vehicles?

Asking for a friend, of course......
    I think you're actually required to have an open container while in a SxS on a blacktop.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Insured my Polaris Ranger today with Farm Bureau/Progressive. Have golf cart and my Polaris Sportsman insured w Foremost. Golf Cart has sticker from DMV however agent asked me was I going to use it on the road and if so Foremost would not write it but Progressive does.

Went ahead and went that route just to be safe, look bad for a Driving School owner to get stopped with uninsured MV LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    Insured my Polaris Ranger today with Farm Bureau/Progressive. Have golf cart and my Polaris Sportsman insured w Foremost. Golf Cart has sticker from DMV however agent asked me was I going to use it on the road and if so Foremost would not write it but Progressive does.

Went ahead and went that route just to be safe, look bad for a Driving School owner to get stopped with uninsured MV LOL.
    and an open container

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    I think you're actually required to have an open container while in a SxS on a blacktop.
    I actually ran out of beverage on an evening ride once and had to pull to the side of the road until someone could bring me another. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie Glover View Post
    I actually ran out of beverage on an evening ride once and had to pull to the side of the road until someone could bring me another. MG
    Sounds like you followed the protocol to a T. Good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Quote Originally Posted by Fowlmouth30 View Post
    When I lived off of hopewell rd I drove my Honda rancher to the same food lion about three nights a week. Go towards Starr and Iva and you’ll pass more side by sides in the road than cars. I’d use common sense but so long as you weren’t being obnoxious or driving recklessly I don’t think you would have an issue.

ETA: That’s for Anderson County, I can’t say what they would think of it in IOP.
    Yep- one of them is probably mine that those bastards stole.
    Carolina Counsel

To the OP it is not legal in sc and they are viewed differently than golf carts.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    Yep- one of them is probably mine that those bastards stole.
    All the ones I see down there are all being driven by the farmers down there with more money than sense. The last one I saw that was being driven by a dirt neck, went into the pines and disappeared when the blue lights came on.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian" - Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    To the OP it is not legal in sc and they are viewed differently than golf carts.
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    What?
    What...what?

Not legal yet. Hopefully it will be in the next year or so. One of the problems they are having is that all the side by side manufacturers put “off-road use only” on the title. A few legislators were trying to push a bill forward this year that would allow them in the road with similar restrictions to golf carts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk