Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Silhouette Decoy success

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    We used wooden cutouts in the 70's. They were ok then. With all the field spreads ducks are seeing these days, I would not waste the time to travel that distance and hope to rely on them...
    We’ve killed a bunch over cutouts

A46E6624-9EDA-46E2-A0C2-DBFB15CA205B.jpg
    80-20 Genaration

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    Haven't hunted the pothole region in probably 4 or 5 years now, but I always liked hunting water and fields.

If it was me, I'd haul a 2-3 dozen full bodies, a good bit of socks (the ones with heads too), and 3-5 dozen floaters.
    This is the right answer. I haven't done it as much as some on here, but 3 guys can limit every day on water, and not have to worry about geese. Mojos are the name of the game. The flock a flickas thingies give you a lot of bang for your buck

ETA you can hide 3 guys from young ducks on a concrete slab with ghillie blankets if nobody moves
    Last edited by trkykilr; 05-10-2019 at 07:21 AM.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

We can shoot some geese this September over nothing but silhouettes for the heck of it. Homemade silhouettes, shells, and a layout were my go to when I hunted geese on lake banks more. Granted SC residents aren't equal to migrators out west, I'd imagine.

https://www.divebombindustries.com/v2canadagoosedecoys

These things are incredibly lifelike. Hunt 3 to 1 goose decoys over mallards in the fields.
    Haven’t hunted over a full body in the last three trips out west and haven’t had a single hunt where we didn’t limit out.

You can put out a massive spread with the truck space of a Kia.

Unless you are going very late in the season, I wouldn't mess with full bodies, especially if it’s a small group.
    "To the sensitive gunner nothing can equal a bird and a dog and a gun in trilogy."
    George Bird Evans

Quote Originally Posted by WNM View Post
    We can shoot some geese this September over nothing but silhouettes for the heck of it. Homemade silhouettes, shells, and a layout were my go to when I hunted geese on lake banks more. Granted SC residents aren't equal to migrators out west, I'd imagine.
    I still have your phone number. Should have quite a few silhouettes stocked up by then. I'll give you a shout.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Quote Originally Posted by MDman View Post
    https://www.divebombindustries.com/v2canadagoosedecoys

These things are incredibly lifelike. Hunt 3 to 1 goose decoys over mallards in the fields.
    Haven’t hunted over a full body in the last three trips out west and haven’t had a single hunt where we didn’t limit out.

You can put out a massive spread with the truck space of a Kia.

Unless you are going very late in the season, I wouldn't mess with full bodies, especially if it’s a small group.

Thanks for the link. I have a dozen or so Big Al's silhouettes already. I'll pick some of these up as well. Think I'm just gonna go with silhouettes, maybe 1 dozen of those mallard socks just for kicks.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14