Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bush hookin

Quote Originally Posted by triplebeard View Post
    Palomar knot. Walmart also started carrying the braided nylon twine. I bought a spool to try since it is what most people use on commercial trotlines. I use 12/0 Mustad hooks. They will still catch a 3lb fish and will hold the big boys no problem. Strong current = heavy weight. 4-6 ozs will be fine for most cases. Drill a hole in a 3 inch piece of PVC pipe and tie one end of the line thru it. Then tie a loop in the line 6-8 inches from the PVC pipe. Make the line 8' long. When attaching to a limb, wrap the line twice then slip the PVC pipe thru the loop. No tying necessary.
    This speeds up the hanging/retrieving process. Fresh cut bait is the best bait. DNR says have a permit and have customer number and name attached to each line. Also, there are restrictions as to what bodies of water you can run them. Good luck and have fun.
    Spot on. Add live bream for bait.

Quote Originally Posted by jspittler View Post
    put reflector tape on the PVC. Some people like to hide their lines so no one steals their catch, but id rather not have to work to remember where I put all 50 hooks.
    We do set poles and GPS the locations.

Twisted line over braided. 2oz egg sinker. Barrel swivel another 20" of line and a 7/0-9/0 circle hook. I make my lines 6-8ft. Wrap the tag end on a cut up old broom or rake handle.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Quote Originally Posted by willk View Post
    Twisted line over braided. 2oz egg sinker. Barrel swivel another 20" of line and a 7/0-9/0 circle hook. I make my lines 6-8ft. Wrap the tag end on a cut up old broom or rake handle.
    That is how it is done...

Right now is time to be wearing them out.
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.

What's the rule on bush hooks below the mouth of the Wateree towards the lake on the Congaree? I cant find it online or in the book anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone17311 View Post
    What's the rule on bush hooks below the mouth of the Wateree towards the lake on the Congaree? I cant find it online or in the book anywhere.
    Below congaree/wateree confluence, they are prohibited.

Ask me how I know.

Interestingly, you could probably count thousands of old between there and packs. I guess that is why we can't run em there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Please support March of Dimes

www.marchforbabies.org/MadelineRai

Trot lines only below the confluence

I have seen hundreds of herons, a few retrievers, and one person hung on those damn things after being left by lazy shitbirds who don't have enough sense to take them out when finished. Please act like you were not raised by a baboon and at least cut the hooks off if you are too sorry to untie the rigs...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I have seen hundreds of herons, a few retrievers, and one person hung on those damn things after being left by lazy shitbirds who don't have enough sense to take them out when finished. Please act like you were not raised by a baboon and at least cut the hooks off if you are too sorry to untie the rigs...
    Man, I don't doubt it. We've removed a ton from there and other places.

Last year, I found one of mine that had been in for a couple years.. ..I was embarrassed and disappointed but can honestly say we try our best to pick all of ours up.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Please support March of Dimes

www.marchforbabies.org/MadelineRai

The worst is when they hang them in flooded timberland and leave them. Eye level on a 4wheeler normally. Thank you for doing it the right way. We all are going to lose one now and then on the river, but we are also going to try to get them all back. Specially with those $10 hooks BB talked me into...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    The worst is when they hang them in flooded timberland and leave them. Eye level on a 4wheeler normally. Thank you for doing it the right way. We all are going to lose one now and then on the river, but we are also going to try to get them all back. Specially with those $10 hooks BB talked me into...
    Hahaha. Lotta PVC.

8A7CCB18-5ECA-4857-9D9C-288C94C23CAC.jpg

The fish are acting fishy

Bream are going wild in the swamp as well...I will mention that this weekend on live PD.
    Pro Remington 870 Operator

Hell yeah tina get some

Me llama!