Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Teachers' Strikes?

Default Teachers' Strikes?

I truly appreciate teachers, but what other gubmint position allows you to take the day off to complain about higher wages? Without risking your job? Serious question.

I've got nothing against teachers. Married one and love her like nobody else can or will.

But this signing up for a gig knowing full well what you are getting when you sign on the dotted line and then crying foul when you don't like what you signed up for get old, tired and boring.

The number of my peers who graduated with some type of education degree and quit teaching within 5 years is astounding. Like, you spent 12 years witnessing what being a teacher would be like, and you still decided to go into the profession. What did you expect? I know, things are different in schools nowadays, but come on.

Schools up here are cancelling because of all the teachers attending some rally.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Those poor, poor chillren.

Where is the strike at?

I feel compassion for the teachers in florence
    The administration fucking sucks!!!

That’s putting it mildly.

The teachers have to buy things like ink for printers other things the district should be paying for.

They just tried to up our property taxes and thank God they got bitch slapped! 75% NO! 25% yes
    But they were complaining they didn’t have a pot to piss in and a window to throw it out of.

I will refrain from boring you with all the details but basically they wanted to build new football stadiums.
    They have the money. Period end of story but the administration doesn’t know what they are doing.

Remember they claimed they had no money. Well during the entire debacle I asked the question how it was fair the district could pay for a election to benefit them own self.

I was told I was crazy I didn’t know what I was talking about.
    The “election board” was paying the bill. I said yea but they will hand it too the school district.

Well sure enough it was on the front page of the paper yesterday.
    The district got a bill for 71k

But better yet the idiot who was begging for money said he didn’t expect it to be that expensive. But no big deal they had plenty of money?

Wait wasn’t he just saying they needed more money!!??!!

The best part is now they are gonna build the administration a new building for their offices!

Mean while teachers are buying ink.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Teachers here in Charlotte are striking on May 1st, which, apparently, is also some Communist holiday. According to y'all though, it sounds just as widespread in SC.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Teachers here in Charlotte are striking on May 1st, which, apparently, is also some Communist holiday. According to y'all though, it sounds just as widespread in SC.
    Were talking about the same deal.

Have they considered working a full 12 months/ year?

Quote Originally Posted by holdin down the fort View Post
    Have they considered working a full 12 months/ year?
    Would they still be able to poundsign how "teacher tired" they are without 90+ days of vacation?

A girl at my gyms husband, late 40's, just said the hell with teaching, he's driving a dump truck now.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post

But this signing up for a gig knowing full well what you are getting when you sign on the dotted line and then crying foul when you don't like what you signed up for get old, tired and boring.
    I bet when the paycheck rolled in they were like,"Dang, I thought it'd be more than that", followed by, "Who the Hell is FICA and what's all this other crap they're taking out for?"

The teachers need more discipline authority
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

If they think they are underpaid, go find another job.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    If they think they are underpaid, go find another job.
    THIS^^^^

Good, Gotta-mighty THIS^^^

Know why there is a teacher shortage?? Because EVERY teacher you come across does nothing but complain and belly-ache about the profession(but don't breakdown what they get paid per hour vs the rest of the workforce....they want nothing to do with that factual based statistcal nonsense) ....but yet in typical "inboard" fashion, they would rather complain about it than do something to change their situation....

Because, then....

What would there be to complain about??
    Last edited by FishSticker; 04-15-2019 at 11:34 AM.

My sis is a teacher and my brother in law is a principal. I have no sympathy. They have it made
    Last edited by TheVisorGuy; 04-15-2019 at 11:41 AM.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

The problem is the parents don't discipline their child and use school as a daycare. And the other problem is they try to make them learn things to early. Cramming 3rd grade level stuff in 1st grade and so on. Lot of heat on these teachers to get it done and I'm sure it's overwhelming. The ones that have been teaching along time probably feel like they didn't sign up for this along time ago.
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

Principle retirement is a sweet gig.

Quote Originally Posted by SCDAWG View Post
    Principle retirement is a sweet gig.
    I hear principal retirement is even better.

LOL damn it