Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Podcast Episode...

Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

How much pay to listen in?
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Going through it with our first right now. Sleeping scared the hell out of me- and most nights I couldn't sleep because I kept listening for breathing or movements or sounds to make sure the monster hadn't gotten him. The stress and exhaustion has me down about 15 pounds and I am constantly messing and pulling at my beard or spots on my arms/legs. It is embarrassing the amount of control the little dude took over me and mom.

At the four month check-up, we let our pediatrician know our son was sleeping in about 3 hour stretches but waking up a couple of times a night. He would only go back to sleep when mom put the boob to him. The pediatrician laughed and told us he had us tricked into thinking he needed to eat, and told us to cut it out immediately.

Please never co-sleep with baby in the bed. No blankets, pillows or toys in the crib. Safe sleep, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics, means that babies are supposed to sleep on their backs, on firm, flat surfaces that don’t move, without any pillows or blankets. Once babies can flip onto their stomach, no more swaddling. Sleep nests, bumpers, swings and other sleep aids are- for the most part- strongly discouraged by the AAP. SIDS and asphyxia rates have been dramatically reduced since the AAP issued these guidelines. Those video monitors are a blessing and a curse. I love being able to roll over and check on him in the middle of the night, but I find myself letting it control my sleep(or lack there-of). Glenn is right- ear plugs, fan and get your rest. Sleep deprivation is real and you will find yourself resorting to dangerous habits to get some relief. The sooner you get baby on a healthy sleep routine, the easier it will be in the future. The quality of naps during the day will determine the quality of sleep at night. That is tough for us because our son just refuses to nap for any meaningful amount of time. Three naps with the longest being 45 minutes if we're luck is about all he will go throughout the day. Now that he's started sleeping through the night, we've noticed he naps longer and more consistent during the day.

Quote Originally Posted by LabLuvR View Post
    How much pay to listen in?
    $70 a month or $900 a year up front.

your son isnt refusing to nap for a long time. you're just refusing to be the bad guy.

I sorta wish I had a 4th kid bc I kinda know what I would do now.

I can assure you no kid of mine is going to sleep with ANYthing like a sound machine...six toys...three different blankets....none of that crap. He/she will be a better person for it later in life when they can actually put themselves to sleep without ANY aids.
    Last edited by 2thDoc; 04-18-2019 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    your son isnt refusing to nap for a long time. you're just refusing to be the bad guy.

I sorta wish I had a 4th kid bc I kinda know what I would do now.

I can assure you no kid of mine is going to sleep with ANYthing like a sound machine...six toys...three different blankets....none of that crap. He/she will be a better person for it later in life when they can actually put themselves to sleep with ANY aids.
    Agreed. And we were too soft with him in the beginning, so we reinforced bad habits. Breaking those now.

No dumbass I meant how much does he pay his listeners to TuneIn. Ain’t no way in hell I’m going to do it without some type of renumeration.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

its a journey, MH

and babies dont hold grudges.

Hey tooth hope you are well
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

thanks for the kind words. I'm obviously dying, albeit slowly.

Any chance you wanna come to my place and shoot a turkey?

You realize this is my thread, right?

If anyone is doin any turkey shootin around here it’s me.

Wanna podcast?

Get this fuckin' guy on and ask him why he is so hell bent on being such a shitbag swamp critter, when he portrayed himself as being a wonderful outdoorsman with SC's best interest at heart whilst he was still cruising for votes. Hell, bring in his disciple The Sheriff of Flowingham for balance...

Published 4 hours ago on April 18, 2019 By FITSNews
    There is a bizarre story up on The (Columbia, S.C.) Nerve this week about a government-subsidized veterans’ therapy program involving horses.

According to the story – filed by reporter Rick Brundrett – a state lawmaker pushed to get taxpayer funding for this therapy program, which his sister then positioned herself to run.

The story also involves the scandal-scarred S.C. Vocational Rehabilitation Department (SCVRD) – a corrupt agency which this news site has exposed on multiple occasions over the last few years.

The problem? Despite receiving funding, the program has yet to be implemented – and the contract for it has since been canceled.

From the report …

Two years and $1 million later, the therapy program, called “Herd 2 Human” and operated by Jeff Patterson at his Willowbend Farm in Clinton, Montana, (has) yet to be implemented in South Carolina. The program involves veterans interacting with provided horses, though not riding on them, to help them deal with their emotions.

Records show that on April 1, the S.C. Vocational Rehabilitation Department (SCVRD) canceled its contract with Patterson “for cause.” Patterson has since filed complaints with the S.C. Office of Inspector General and state procurement office, according to documents he provided to The Nerve.

The lawmaker at the heart of the drama? Former state representative Mike Pitts, who recently withdrew his name from consideration to become the next director of the S.C. Conservation Bank.

Pitts resigned from the S.C. House of Representatives for the expressed purpose of taking this six-figure position (and rehabilitating the bank’s relationships with lawmakers). Unfortunately for the 63-year-old Greenwood, S.C. native, his bid ran into trouble almost immediately – and last month became fully engulfed in controversy.

According to Brundrett, Pitts “acknowledged he sought funding for the program while he was a lawmaker and involved his sister, Rhonda Pitts, a licensed professional counselor and a former longtime manager at SCVRD, in early discussions about the program.”

However, Pitts told the outlet he had no knowledge about his sister’s plans to get paid out of the program.

Text messages obtained by The Nerve seem to contradict that assertion, though, including one in which Pitts was allegedly informed by Patterson that his sister’s cost estimates related to the project had “exceeded (its) budget.”

Like most of Brundrett’s reports, the “horseplay report” is a lengthy tome – delving deep into the minutiae of this particular contract.

The bottom line? SCVRD has requested another $500,000 in the current version of the Palmetto State’s $30 billion budget to run “Herd 2 Human” – or specifically to “provide continuity in the development” of this program (whatever that means).

Meanwhile, Patterson is demanding $300,000 from Lander University, a government-run institution of “higher learning” that was originally supposed to run “Herd 2 Human.”

Our view? We have no issue with veterans receiving therapy like this for their post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). In fact, we can see how a program like this might be an innovative means of helping them deal with their issues.

Having said that, like everything else state government in South Carolina touches … it has become a mess.

I was like right next to one of his podcasts once. He didn't ask me to even be in it, or just cut over and catch me slow clapping. It's okay though.

Hell, I was herding some of his kids and he just kind of gave me a weird wave that sort of said "You are on your own"...

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    thanks for the kind words. I'm obviously dying, albeit slowly.

Any chance you wanna come to my place and shoot a turkey?
    You really are a heck of a nice guy. And I sincerely mean that from the bottom of my heart.
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt