Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transducers

Default Transducers

Will two transducers mounted on transom side by side get interference? Want to add another fishfinder for front of boat
    HOLDWHATCHAGOT:

What units are you running?

Garmin echomap 53cv with chirp, trans mounted on transom,,
    I m adding a garmin striker plus 4cv to the front ,, but mounting the trans on transom also
    Striker has a 300watt, 77/200 khz on traditional and 300watt, 455/800,khz on chirp clear vu
    The 53 cv I’m have to check

If they support NMEA2000, you should be able to link them with one TD.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I'm confused as to why what's behind you would be benificial if your sitting on the front of the boat. Put that transducer on the trolling motor.
    Last edited by Whackumstackum; 03-31-2019 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    I'm confused as to why what's behind you would be benificial if your sitting on the front of the boat. Put that transducer on the trolling motor.
    Yeah never really understood the purpose of having it in the back?
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

P
    Quote Originally Posted by coot nasty View Post
    Yeah never really understood the purpose of having it in the back?
    Trolling jigs behind the boat?

I run one on the trolling motor and transom.

I agree, but I’m running a motorguide xi5 and it doesn’t have a groove on the shaft , so I stand the chance of damaging the TD cable stowing it and deploying it , unlike the minnkota ,, just want to know a little info on depth , temp , and a little of at least what’s around... thanks for the responce ,, lots of great minds out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    This is what you should do unless one is a stand-alone unit. Either NMEA or erthanet should have both units reading off one transducer.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Precision Sonar cable guard, look it up, that'll solve your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Smilee View Post
    P

Trolling jigs behind the boat?

I run one on the trolling motor and transom.
    Makes sense... Just never used them didn't know.
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

I have nema 2000 connected to garmin echomap 53cv w/ chirp , however, not sure if it’ll connect to striker plus 4cv, there’s only a power and TD inlet on the back

Quote Originally Posted by Mdax21974 View Post
    I have nema 2000 connected to garmin echomap 53cv w/ chirp , however, not sure if it’ll connect to striker plus 4cv, there’s only a power and TD inlet on the back
    Add to the backbone.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Go to Bass Boat Central and ask in the Garman section. They have fatory technicians that monitor that site all day long to answer questions.

Sounds like the other unit is a stand alone unit.

And to your original ?.....?You could mount it near the other transducer and the interference would be very minimal.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    This is what you should do unless one is a stand-alone unit. Either NMEA or erthanet should have both units reading off one transducer.

Unit does not have network capabilities...it is a stand alone entry level unit

Quote Originally Posted by FishSticker View Post
    That's what I figured.

I would sell it and buy a better unit. I hate drilling holes in a boat when it's not necessary.

You can certainly run both transducers on the back but you will ALWAYS have to run them at different frequency's to avoid interference. The striker is entry level and does not have NEMA support. Your best bet is to run the Striker on the trolling motor and run the cable outside the collar and zip tie to the shaft. Its a pretty common thing. That way if you are running both ducers at 50/200 you shouldn't get interference. Or slide over to Ebay and you can pick up a Garmin 740s for cheap and it has Nema support.
    "run and gun guide service"

Quote Originally Posted by FishSticker View Post
    Gotcha, misread it.

They will cause interference if that close together but I dont see the problem if one is for the front. No need to run both at one time if you are in the front of the boat.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

One last question, if I mount the TD on TM , then Essentially the TD cable would be fed back thru the power wire coil , would that cause interference ? I’ve heard say run it away from power wires.