Thread: Humminbird / MinnKota Link

Default Humminbird / MinnKota Link

Can someone smarter than me tell me how to hook a Helix G3N to a MinnKota Link?

If these are the only two things I'm networking do I need to run through a ethernet switch box? There seems to be a 5 port and a single port. And then there is a cable that hook into the back of the humminbird and convert to ethernet with out any boxes.

Obviously for these two things only, I'd prefer not to buy a $200 box. Can I get away with the cable only? It's call a AS EC QDE Ethernet Adapter

Don't know much about Hummingbirds but you can go over to Bass Boat Central and post in the Hummingbird section. Their factory techs monitor that site and will answer quickly.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

And if the techs don't get back to you quickly it's likely that Wayne P. will answer you and he's as knowledgeable as they come!
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

I have an Onix 10 that I wired directly to my Ulterra I-pilot Link. Nothing else required except for the extension cable for me.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by scoutlover View Post
    I have an Onix 10 that I wired directly to my Ulterra I-pilot Link. Nothing else required except for the extension cable for me.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Thanks...that's the conclusion I've come to but on the Helix you need the adapter. The trolling motor itself came with 20ft of cable...so I got that covered.