Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Masters

I had to break out one of my TW Buick Hats. The Tiger effect is alive
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

No offense intended to his fans, but for the life of me I can’t understand anyone rooting for that cat. Don’t take me wrong he is one of the all time great golfers from a talent perspective,but he has always seemed to be an arrogant, entitled, narcissistic prick. Tell me where I’m wrong.

I believe he's changed.

What the likker man said. I believe he was brought down to reality through the last couple years after all the women, dui’s and back surgerys.
    Last edited by M.R.Ducks; 04-14-2019 at 02:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

Patrick Reed and John Daly May have changed also, but they’ll never see tiger kind of love.

Because they were never that good.

That’s a big part of it I’m sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggy View Post
    Patrick Reed and John Daly May have changed also, but they’ll never see tiger kind of love.
    Really? Tiger receives the love he does because what he's done for the game and the domination he's displayed at times during his career. Those two combined don't scratch the surface of what Tiger has done.

No offense intended to his fans, but for the life of me I can’t understand anyone rooting for that cat. Don’t take me wrong he is one of the all time great golfers from a talent perspective,but he has always seemed to be an arrogant, entitled, narcissistic prick. Tell me where I’m wrong.
    Do you think people can change? Honest question. Are the worst things you’ve ever done representative of who you are? I get what you’re saying. But entitled?? Nah man. I’m no golfer nor really even a golf fan. But that guy has the highest level type A competitiveness around. If you don’t have any maybe that’s why you can’t see it and appreciate it on some level. Last I checked you still have to make the cut every week and play and win. Remember the British Open when he gritted it out and won on one knee? One of the gutsiest events in sports. Right up there with Jordan playing with the flu. His personal life has not been a shining example for kids. You don’t like the fist bumping. I get it. But his accomplishments tell the story, at least if his sports life. Golf was basically dead before he re-energized it and brought an entire generation of golfers along with him. Think he felt entitled when Fuzzy Zoeller said “next year we’ll serve fried chicken” talking about the Champions Dinner at the Masters? Entitled? Nah. Back to the thesaurus.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

Aside from Nike / CBS/ ESPN making mega millions via the boom of African American interest in golf , what exactly has he done that’s so worthy of idol worship?
    Had any other golfer done the things he has done off the course he would have been crucified in the media by the same bunch that props “ El Tigre “ up.

Damn you sure are worked up. I don’t think of tiger as an idol but he is a damn good golfer. To me it’s the same as college football. I don’t watch it or the nfl. I could care less. I also don’t understand why people get so worked up over one team. Hell I’ve seen a few fights from rival fans over a bad call. Can’t say I’ve ever seen that in golf.
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

I’m not worked up in the least. Just think it’s humorous the standard some on here represent only at moments of convienience.

Aside from Nike / CBS/ ESPN making mega millions via the boom of African American interest in golf , what exactly has he done that’s so worthy of idol worship?
    Had any other golfer done the things he has done off the course he would have been crucified in the media by the same bunch that props “ El Tigre “ up.
    He in the same seat as Micheal Jordan, Dale E and some of the other sorts greats. When your at the top of an elite group people idolize you. Outside of their perspective sport their no different than us unfortunately they may not realize it
    80-20 Genaration

How much do you know about this? Apparently not much. He was worse than crucified. He lost most of his sponsors, and almost his career because of some poor mistakes. You think if you got caught running around on your wife your employer would cut your salary, blast it all over the news and scrutinize every move you made for the next 10 years? Nah. But he gritted his teeth and took it for the better part of 10 years along with some shitty health problems. He’s back and if you don’t respect it then you don’t understand it

I'm not a fanboy of really anyone. I pulled for Boom Boom in my younger years, and I looked up to my father. That was it, i don't get googly over anyone. But that's me. It's not about me. I like watching good golf, and he's good for golf. I know he's a special player, but the ratings, the money, everything he's brought to golf.. He's inspired countless kids, brought so many to a game they would have never played without seeing him. He made golf cooler, which is good, especially when you have a couple playing it. Two of mine that play never got to see him play in his prime, they're seeing it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman#1 View Post
    He in the same seat as Micheal Jordan, Dale E and some of the other sorts greats. When your at the top of an elite group people idolize you. Outside of their perspective sport their no different than us unfortunately they may not realize it
    Spoken by one of the all time great mallard killers...

I’m not worked up in the least. Just think it’s humorous the standard some on here represent only at moments of convienience.
    Do huh?

What standard are you referring too?

The fact that a lot of golf fans want one of the all time greats to win a major at one of the most prestigious courses is a moment of convenience?
    R. Not

He was crucified. Hard.

And still came back and won a major as a 40-something with three fused vertebrates. I think his surgery count is up to 3 neck and 4 knee, that we know about.

He is/was the most scrutinized athlete on the face of the earth. And he can tune all of that out and beat kids half his age who he inspired to pick up the game. He's no role model off the course, but you will never hear a cross word about him as a competitor or opponent.

And golf moved from the Ashworth/Dunlop/Maxfli days to a more accessible, modern sport. Countless courses, improved ball/club technology, and accessibility for the common man was what Tiger was responsible for. Tiger made golf cool. Kids watched how he played, and asked their dads to teach them golf.

Dang. Fishing is easy in this hole. I never knew.