Thread: Well I got to ask???

Default Well I got to ask???

Since it looks like legalization of “medical marijuana “ is on the horizon just wondered how well this will work in food plots for deer LOL

I've been wondering how it would do for doves. Hemp seeds are very high in oil and used to be the major component of bird seed mixes.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    I've been wondering how it would do for doves. Hemp seeds are very high in oil and used to be the major component of bird seed mixes.
    They will eat it early (somewhat but are not too crazy about it, they don't seem to eat it after the flowering starts)

The key is to hunt over the bait pile of Cheetos nearby.

You need or want Finola or a fiber style for dove.

Either will work for deer. The oil plants or the fiber version. And once they find it they will eat it too the ground. If you can keep them off of the fiber type long enough for it to get up about 4' the plant can hold its own and keep replenishing the browsed parts.

We had some Cherry Moms (CBD producing plant) that got ruined due to the hurricane. We left it in the field it ended up being fertilized by some cross pollination from some of our test males, in the grow room. That field was next to our sunflower field. The doves liked it ok......we had another field that was Finola (a fiber plant) the deer devastated that field, and we were really just testing that. We basically gave up on it, and there were males we didn't take out the field. So we had pollinated females. There was 6-8 plants that made it. There was nothing else around and the doves loved those seeds!
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot