Thread: Pro Golfer Found Dead At 28

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default Pro Golfer Found Dead At 28

The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

The results of the shortened tournament are official, and the prize money will count towards that tour's order of merit. That win bumped Sluman up about 300 spots in the OWGR to around 500. Since turning pro, he has a couple of mini-tour wins and qualified for the pga tour series- China last year. He didn't miss a cut out in China in 14 starts, and finished 9th in their order of merit. This win was his biggest payday by far since turning pro($45,000). He does have two starts this year on the web, but missed both cuts. Not sure how he qualified for those- I checked the Monday Q results and he didn't finish high enough to qualify, so who knows.

Arie Irawan had a pretty successful career over in Asia. From what I could find:

Irawan turned professional in April 2013.[2] For the 2014 season he played on the Asian Development Tour and earned his tour card for the 2015 Asian Tour after a 6th-place finish on the Asian Development Tour's Order of Merit.[3] Another player within the top five also placed within the top 60 on the Asian Tour Order of Merit, allowing Irawan to earn his Tour card.

In January 2015 Irawan won his first Official World Golf Ranking points event at the PGM Sime Darby Harvard Championship on the Asian Development Tour, becoming the highest ranked Malaysian golfer in the world rankings.[4] In April 2015 he won his second Asian Development Tour event, the ICTSI Eagle Ridge Invitational, in the Philippines, a result that lifted him into the top 300 in the world rankings.[5] He was 7th in the 2015 Asian Development Tour Order of Merit.

Irawan was involved in a moped accident in early 2016 and missed much of the season. In 2018 and 2019 Irawan also played on the PGA Tour China.

After his successes in early 2015 his best finishes in world ranking events were to be twice tied for fourth place, in the 2018 PGM Johor Championship on the Asian Development Tour and in the 2018 Guilin Championship on the PGA Tour China.

In addition to his two Asian Development tour wins, Irawan won two tournaments on the domestic Professional Golf of Malaysia Tour, winning the season-ending PGM Maybank Players Championship in 2014 and 2017.

Be interesting to see what the coroner's report shows. Not every day a seemingly healthy 28yo keels over.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft