Thread: The NEW colt king cobra. Your thoughts?

Default The NEW colt king cobra. Your thoughts?

The NEW colt king cobra. Your thoughts?

I did not compare the NEW colt king cobra to a diamond back or Officer's model as that would have been unfair as they had fitted actions. I would expect them to be better and they are.

I got to handle the NEW colt king cobra and thought it was trash compared to old colts. Fit and finish stunk, compared to my Old King Cobra. My trooper mark 3 or King Cobra have a better trigger. The NEW colt trigger had a definite stop before the cylinder locked almost as if the action was stacking or binding before let off. Notchy enough that I could easily tell when the cylinder was all the way in battery and any further would drop the hammer. I cant't do that with my older colts, the action is smooth enough that it is almost a surprise when the hammer drops in double action. I was seriously disappointed. The NEW colt king cobra no better than a smith. I have other colts and was hoping for much more. Hell, just re-issue the old king cobra. It had a mass produced trigger that was far better. If you have handled the new ones and can compare to the older models what was your perspective?
    Last edited by mello_collins; 04-06-2019 at 05:28 PM.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

Why does a company even bother doing something like this if they aren't going to do it right?

Quote Originally Posted by Kioti View Post
    Why does a company even bother doing something like this if they aren't going to do it right?
    Because people have learned to accept shotty quality and lackluster “craftsmanship” as the norm. You can thank Nixon and Sam Walton.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    Because people have learned to accept shotty quality and lackluster “craftsmanship” as the norm. You can thank Nixon and Sam Walton.

Agreed.

Is there a difference between NEW and new?

I had the original King Cobra. My 586 and 657 would shoot circles around it. Big shiny POS.