Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Improvised Meals

Default Best Improvised Meals

I spent a number of years on a tobacco farm. We didn't have many breaks, so you ate what you could when you could. We had a fella on the farm who would routinely make a sandwich using a slab of bologna and two honey buns as bread. He'd sometimes substitute sardines that were on the verge of expiring for the bologna because they were cheaper. He'd always wash it down with a chocolate milk.

All of this may sound good until you realize a tobacco field is the hottest place on earth. If the "real feel" at 1100 hours is 98, it's already a good 115 in the field...and rising. If you can fathom the heat and physical nature of being in a tobacco field, you can appreciate the resilience of this man's gut. It was a damn septic tank.

What is your weirdest/sickest combo?

Cream corn in the can with a few splashes of hot sauce and 2 pieces of wasp bread is my go to.

When I fish all day, I like to pack a ham and peanut butter sandwich. I also will dump a can of kippered snacks into a bag of Fritos and put some Franks in there. It’s dang good, just don’t forget a fork.

I made spaghetti from ramen noodles, ketchup, and hot sauce back in my younger days.

I had a roommate in college that would do claim chowder spread on white bread with a glass of whole milk
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    now Hogan can fuck off on here all day and call it work, thanks!

Jack mackerel on white bread w/ crystal and mustard.

Bologna and honey buns has me curious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

During a brief landscaping stint I routinely saw a guy a eat a margarine and mayo sandwich. Every now and then he'd get wild and put a hotdog in it.

Can of tuna, two packs ramen, one packet of Alfredo sauce mix.

Almost the same: tuna (with mayo) ramen noodles, creme cheese to bind
    Last edited by everlast; 04-06-2019 at 08:44 AM.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Pickled watermelon rinds and pimento cheese on a cracker
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by smitch320 View Post
    Pickled watermelon rinds and pimento cheese on a cracker
    Shoot, you could charge 12 dollars for that as a starter in a fancy joint.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    Shoot, you could charge 12 dollars for that as a starter in a fancy joint.
    Yeah, haha it's not that uncommon in the southern cuisine. I love it
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Raw shrimp and mullet caugh in a cast net and mixed in easy mac was all I saw the Mexican that lived at our marina eat.

The worst sammich I ever saw was a collard green and fried beef liver sammich.

Watching someone eat a chicken neck sandwich and leave the neck bone completely stripped of meat when they're done is an amazing sight to behold.
    Last edited by scatter shot; 04-07-2019 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck70 View Post
    The worst sammich I ever saw was a collard green and fried beef liver sammich.
    Sounds pretty good to me. I may substitute checked livers though.

I had a fraternity brother that would eat a block of cream cheese with Doritos and Oreos. Skinny as a rail also.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

It's not an improvised meal, but if we're talking about nasty food we love I'll offer up a few of my favorites:

1. McDonalds
    2. Yakisoba Noodles(spicy chicken only, although they have a korean bbq that looks like an interesting color)
    3. Olive Garden(don't like telling people this, guilty pleasure, we get about $100 worth of gift cards to the place a month, we never use them all though)
    4. Flaming hot cheetos

I got drunk once and made a sammich with white bread, mayo, fritos, and eye-talian dressing. I remember I thought it was pretty dang tasty.

Adding mashed up fritos to Ramen doesn’t do your sodium intake any favors, but it’s also tasty.

People that live to the west of South Carolina find Viennas, nabs, and a Diet Dew really odd as well as friend bologna egg and cheese sandwiches. Those people are odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold