Thread: Tire size question

Default Tire size question

Anybody know if a 285/70/18 nitto ridge grappler will clear on a 2018 z71 with a 2.5 inch leveling kit? They come out to a 34x11.50

you should be fine might have totrim the valance a little bit but would look damn good

keeping stock wheels/offset?......is so, they'll clear, but might have a slight rub in reverse

Yes it'll be stock wheels

I bet they rub like crazy.

Idk about 2018 but I've got 295s on my 2015 with no rub. 2.5 leveling kit.

You will be fine. If there is any rub at all it will be at full lock and only while the tires are new.
    "Never Trust a Skinny Chef."

Thanks fellas

I like reading the replies to these questions.

With a “true” 2.5 inch level you may rub (not likely)inner fender well on inside at full lock and you may have to trim a angle off the valance panel. Both will be if full lock light rub bothers you. I’ve trimmed the valance and done inner fender mods and stuffed 35’s under those trucks.
    Last edited by KRT; 04-08-2019 at 07:22 PM.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    I like reading the replies to these questions.

With a “true” 2.5 inch level you may rub (not likely)inner fender well on inside at full lock and you may have to trim a angle off the valance panel. Both will be if full lock light rub bothers you. I’ve trimmed the valance and done inner fender mods and stuffed 35’s under those trucks.
    Thank you. I'll be removing the smaller lower valance so that shouldn't be a problem. If it just slightly rubs the inner fender well at full lock I'll be fine with that. I just couldn't find much info on that tire size under these trucks so I wanted to make sure I wasn't looking at any major trimming.

I had 275 70 18 good year wranglers AT's on a non leveled 2014 silverado and they rubbed at full lock. Didnt want to trim anything so I dealt with it. Just barely caught the inner liner. I imagine a few good full over turns in a parking lot would have rubbed enough off or after a few thousand miles the tires would have worn enough.
    every expert was once a beginner

Well I got them mounted today and they don't rub at all. They fill out the fender wells nicely and the truck still sits alittle lower in the front with the 2.5 inch kit.