Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colorado deadline

I would check into leftover doe tags for your unit. I really like eating antelope and one doesn’t last long.

if i get a tag not sure what ill do, chasing them around with a bow will be a bit more difficult than a rifle. Driving out if you have the time wouldnt be bad, heard you need to get the speed goat cleaned real quick to keep the meat good

All we can do is apply and see what happens. Then hope for some leftovers if dont draw
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by patrick0685 View Post
    if i get a tag not sure what ill do, chasing them around with a bow will be a bit more difficult than a rifle. Driving out if you have the time wouldnt be bad, heard you need to get the speed goat cleaned real quick to keep the meat good
    We field dressed ours then hung them in a shed.it wasintye teens at night last year. Year before I was a ways from truck so I boned him out where I shot him. It was in the mid seventies. Both antelope were very good.
    Last edited by FLS; 04-03-2019 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    We field dressed ours then hung them in a shed.it wasintye teens at night last year. Year before I was a ways from truck so I boned him out where I shot him. It was in the mid seventies. Both antelope were very good.
    good to hear!

Colorado Results are in. Drew 1st rifle elk. I should draw a couple of antelope tags and a muley tag in WY. Gonna be a fun October.

Dad drew a mule deer muzzleloader tag and I gained a deer preference point for next year. Flying out September 13th and coming back on the 21st. I’ll be chasing antelope with the bow this year, looking forward to it.

I drew 1st rifle elk as well in CO. Unit 082. @FLS which unit did you pull? Dates?

41. Tags are valid in 41, 42, 421, 52, 521. Grand Mesa units. Plan is to hunt goats and muleys for a week in WY the head to CO, Scout a couple of days then hunt. 1st rifle is October 12-16.
    Last edited by FLS; 06-06-2019 at 05:39 AM.