Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colorado deadline

Default Colorado deadline

The deadline for CO big game apps or buying points is 8 PM Mountain Time TONIGHT.

I applied a few weeks ago. What unit did you apply for FLS?

Hush yo mouth
    Carolina Counsel

1st rifle Grand Mesa units.
    Bought a point for deer.
    Last edited by FLS; 04-02-2019 at 08:03 PM.

I gotcha, I applied for 1st archery deer but it usually takes one point to draw where I'm going. I plan on just buying an over the counter archery antelope tag.

I'm in for CO this year for elk.

Should draw 1st rifle elk. Season is Saturday thru Wednesday. Then head to WY for antelope.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    I gotcha, I applied for 1st archery deer but it usually takes one point to draw where I'm going. I plan on just buying an over the counter archery antelope tag.
    I just bought points this year as it's my first year but was thinking about trying OTC archery antelope, hows that hunt?

Quote Originally Posted by patrick0685 View Post
    I just bought points this year as it's my first year but was thinking about trying OTC archery antelope, hows that hunt?
    This is my first year as well so I'm not sure what to expect for antelope. I know that the guy who's ranch I'll be hunting said he has a good number of them and they regularly shoot some good bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    Should draw 1st rifle elk. Season is Saturday thru Wednesday. Then head to WY for antelope.
    I'm headed to WY to chase a goat myself. I'll be pulling a Rodney from last year. Venturing out by myself...never gone before...just going and will figure it out along the way. But I'm saving a ton of vacation time for the trip and for now, planning on driving out.

What y'all gonna do with an elk or antelope?

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    I'm headed to WY to chase a goat myself. I'll be pulling a Rodney from last year. Venturing out by myself...never gone before...just going and will figure it out along the way. But I'm saving a ton of vacation time for the trip and for now, planning on driving out.
    Im possibly doing the same. Still trying to decide if i wanna apply for a mulie tag as well
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

The drive is half the fun.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    kinda what I was thinking. I travel for a living and have put in my share of highway miles but never ventured to far out of the south east as far as road trips go. When I go up North or out West I always fly.

If my dad draws a muzzleloader mule deer tag we're flying into Colorado Springs. Otherwise I'm driving solo.

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    It’s a very doable hunt if you aren’t hung up on a ” book” buck. Pick a unit you can draw, get a county road map and figure out how to get to BLM and state property. Most get shot from the road. Get out of sight of the road, and you’ll see antelope. Opener is a zoo unless it’s a very limited draw unit.

Get OnX or something similar to know where toit can legally hunt. Invaluable out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    Drive out ain’t bad. Drive home sucks. Drive as long as I can , find a rest area, then crawl over in the back seat and catch some zzz’s. Get back up take a piss then back on the road.

Drive out ain’t bad. Drive home sucks. Drive as long as I can , find a rest area, then crawl over in the back seat and catch some zzz’s. Get back up take a piss then back on the road.
    that's what I did last year going to NM. I did stop at KOA's along the way. the $20 was worth knowing I wouldn't get mugged and that hot shower before getting back on the road was nice.

It’s a very doable hunt if you aren’t hung up on a ” book” buck. Pick a unit you can draw, get a county road map and figure out how to get to BLM and state property. Most get shot from the road. Get out of sight of the road, and you’ll see antelope. Opener is a zoo unless it’s a very limited draw unit.
    I don't need a book buck. I'm going for the experience and serenity and I don't plan to be anywhere near a road. I applied day 1 and can't remember off the top of my head what units I put in for but with 2 points they were basically guaranteed draws with good public access. And yes...I'm not doing this without OnX.