Thread: Shop ventilation system i

Default Shop ventilation system i

I’ve got a 1200 square foot shop on the land I bought. It’s pretty tight, with a shingle roof, insulated exterior walls and what appears to be perforated vinyl (for ventilation?) in the eaves. A drop
    Ceiling was installed by previous owners with the office style ceiling tiles. None of the tiles show any sign of there ever being a leak. Drop ceiling will be removed long term, but in the short term I need it to stay due to it supporting all the interior lighting at this time.

Having said all that, not a breath of air moves through that place. It’s musty and stinks in the summer. I have power in the building but I don’t intend to climate control it. I’m considering installing a vent fan on a timer and a flapper at the other end so it can pull air across the interior and out the opposite side. Has anyone ever tried a rig like this? Do any of you shop wizards think this will work or have a better suggestion? Building has a workbench, a bathroom, holds tools, a tractor and a jon boat, nothing fancy being stored there.

Thank you
    Last edited by EveryDay; 03-29-2019 at 03:56 PM.

Those tiles are probably holding the moisture. Remove them, fog with concrobium, ventilate.
    The right to bear arms is the last form of defense against tyranny.