Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: She's in better place...

Default She's in better place...

As I sit here and write this I sit back and think about all the great times we had with this Girl as our family started. I went to pick Magic up from a old man in Chapin that breed his lab with a dog out of Alabama. We had a yellow lab name sport that was getting up in age and wasn't the greatest hunting dog but would get the job done. Only if you had a bag of rocks that we would rather at the boat ramp every morning because shotgun shells we're to expensive lol. So my wife and I bought a house and that's where our journey begins. Long story short my dad was going through a divorce so we decided to let him take sport so he would have some company. So now it's just my wife and I and Magic. Then we started having kids and Magic was like a second mom to our boys. She wouldn't hurt a sole and everyone was her best friend! I know I'm rambling on and on but my point is later in life as the kids started getting older we decided to breed magic and have puppies to fund some of the training money back. So we did and ended up keeping one of the pups which we still have. So couple more years go by and we breed again and keep another pup so now we have 3 labs. Long story short.... I blame my self for this situation I had 3 dogs with 2 kids and didn't give her the time she needed. I'm ashamed to say that we didn't spend enough time with her when the kids came into our life I just wish I would have spent more time with her the older she got.... Listen if you have multiple dogs and are to busy to give them the time they deserve please give them to someone that can give them the attention they need. Not saying I didn't really take physical take care of her..... Just please if you don't give the dog the attention it needs it's full life please give it to someone who will. Me thinking getting more dogs will replace her is a joke. She could never be replaced. Sorry for rambling on just don't won't someone to make this mistake like I did and hate yourself for it. Also thanks beanhunter for helping me this morning having the flu and waking up to this is not a good way to start the day. We love ya Magic and see you on the other side!!

IMG_20190329_084748_344.jpg
    IMG_20190329_084748_343.jpg
    48726.jpeg
    48728.jpg
    48727.jpg
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

Sorry man

So sorry for your loss.
    For the ducks

Sorry to hear about this Ryan. Godspeed ole Magic!

Sorry to see this. Dogs are part of our family.

Sorry for your loss.

Sorry for your loss man. I think we all tend to beat ourselves up when we lose a dog. I imagine she had it better than you give yourself credit for. Godspeed Magic

Sorry to hear of your loss. One of the beauties of dogs is how God gave them the ability to love unconditionally. Magic had that for you and each member of your family!

Godspeed Magic!
    Honey...I'll do it after the season is over.

Originally Posted by cudexter
    I would argue that JP has the highest "quality" to "trash talk" post ratio on this site.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Air Raid
    ... Wait till 3 years from now! ...

I've said it before but I'm sure that God gave us dogs, complete with the joys of puppyhood and the sorrows of loss just so we can understand, in some little way, what our lives mean to Him.

Godspeed good girl.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

They are never here long enough....

She was a great dog. I hate to see her go. Really had an uneasy feeling when I didn't see her come greet me this morning and hated to find her. Really really hated talking to your wife this morning though. That is definitely in the top things I never want to do again.
    That dog loved the kids like no other. Had lots of great memories hunting with her over the years. She won't soon be forgotten buddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

I know the feeling, wayyyy too well. Hate it for you.

I put down my 13 year old yellow lab in June. I had her before I was married, before kids, she had been through a lot with me. Today we put down my wife's 11 year old lab/mutt. Ive known my wife since he 2, spent 9 years with him and he was a good one. I sat with him while they put him down, and a cried just like I did when I put my lab down. It never gets easier. I have a 12+ year old jack russell that's still kicking, and goes everywhere with me, I'll cry like a baby when he goes.

Sorry to hear about Magic. Looking at the pics, knowing that she lived in a house with kids that loved her, sounds like even the neighbor was a good friend to the dog. I'm betting she was pretty damn happy to be your dog all the way to the end.
    Quit beating yourself up brother. Cherish the memories and smile a little, that dog had a good home.

Thanks guys! Been a tough one for sure especially when the kids got home from school.
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

Dang man. Sorry to hear it. All dogs go to Heaven.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Sorry for your loss

RIP Magic.

Godspeed to The Rainbow Bridge, Magic...
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Sorry to hear this.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

I try to avoid these threads but end up getting sucked in.

I’m very sorry for your loss.

I lost my 12 year old almost 2 years ago and it’s still a raw feeling.