Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sitka Waders

Childers > Sturg

I've got a few sitka things, that mid weight shirt with the fluffy comfy insides is awesome. That's the only one I really love. No hoodies though, I don't do hoodies. I'm a grown fucking man.

plus, I don't give a rats ass what any of you uglies think of me.. except 2th, kinda, he's endearing.

Quote Originally Posted by scswamprat View Post
    and i dont think its cool..1. im cheap and hate spending money...2. i aint one to quit on a garment just cause its got a little age to it...
    I hear ya deets....but Sitka can’t handle that omniheat tinfoil stuff
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

Same people who talk shit about Sitka go out and drop 500+ on Filson. I don't get it

I bought that new Filson waterfowl coat this year, it was comfy as hell wearing it around the store one day. I never had the need for it this season. I do own a pile more Filson than sitka.

The Mossy Oak edition?

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    I'll never understand people's judgement of folks that don't mind spending money, (THEIR MONEY), on quality clothing/gear.
    This is the most valid point on this topic
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Quote Originally Posted by LIGMA View Post
    The Mossy Oak edition?
    yeah, not the bottomland.. the blades, bottomlands is too trendy

I had a pair of Cabela's zip up waders... If anyone in my crew reads this they are already shaking their head... Anyway, they are/were 15 years old. Riped the outer layer getting into a pit 7 or 8 years ago. Never leaked. They were expensive as shit when I bought them. I feel like I got every cent out of them. I finally bit the bullet and bought a set of banded black label waders for several hundred dollars off on black Friday. I cannot believe how much more comfortable they are. Will they last? We will see. If these do not hold up, I might go back with the zip up sitkas just for the warranty and ease of the zipper. I do not care what you hunt in. If you hunt in waxed cotton, max4, old school or Sitka, it is fine by me, as long as you are not a douchebag and judge someone else by what they are wearing.
    NBK II - Killing is our business and business is good!

Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    no. violating it would be enough. taxidermists are too expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    heck, I'll play. If we took away your ability to type, I might not want to punch you in the mouth so much for being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by River Hawk View Post
    tits like an old beagle dog

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    yeah, not the bottomland.. the blades, bottomlands is too trendy
    Man... That shadowgrass is nice... Most I wore this year was a flannel shirt and a thin coat, but that Filson stuff looks good in the closet
    NBK II - Killing is our business and business is good!

Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    no. violating it would be enough. taxidermists are too expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    heck, I'll play. If we took away your ability to type, I might not want to punch you in the mouth so much for being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by River Hawk View Post
    tits like an old beagle dog

Quote Originally Posted by NannySlayer View Post
    I had a pair of Cabela's zip up waders... If anyone in my crew reads this they are already shaking their head... Anyway, they are/were 15 years old. Riped the outer layer getting into a pit 7 or 8 years ago. Never leaked. They were expensive as shit when I bought them. I feel like I got every cent out of them. I finally bit the bullet and bought a set of banded black label waders for several hundred dollars off on black Friday. I cannot believe how much more comfortable they are. Will they last? We will see. If these do not hold up, I might go back with the zip up sitkas just for the warranty and ease of the zipper. I do not care what you hunt in. If you hunt in waxed cotton, max4, old school or Sitka, it is fine by me, as long as you are not a douchebag and judge someone else by what they are wearing.
    Who made the Mack’s breathable? Jacob sent me a clearance on them and got them for 75$...not near as leaky as my banded waders.
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

3 years and still no leaks.

Got 4 years out of my original pair of banded breathable. Busted the boot right where it flexes 2 weeks ago out west. Gonna try a patch job but not sure it will hold.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

Quote Originally Posted by GobblerHntr View Post
    Best pair of waders I ever saw was the fella that had on jeans and sneakers and just went on through the water like it was no big deal. Everybody else piled on the Argo or walked in actual waders that leaked ......
    I saw the exact same thing. Was it on a youth hunt about 8-10 years ago?
    Molon Labe
    HRCH Coal's Sparkleberry Cache MH

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    That was a cold, cold day, and that old boy was tough as a lighter stump...
    He never complained. Damn good man to carry his nephew like that. Damn good of you Jab for making it happen.
    Molon Labe
    HRCH Coal's Sparkleberry Cache MH

Quote Originally Posted by LIGMA View Post
    Same people who talk shit about Sitka go out and drop 500+ on Filson. I don't get it
    Probably multiple reasons for that. Filson has been around a lot longer and will last much longer than anything Sitka. Sitka will not be something you hand down to your kid one day. Sitka is also a fashion statement for most that own it. It's a fad now. It may be quality stuff, but nobody can deny the fact that a large number of people buy it because it's the new duck hunting attire.

You should know, after all.

I wouldn’t spend almost 1k on waders but that’s just me, I own Filson, Sitka and a lot of “old shit” I have a Sitka coat and it’s hands down the warmest coat I own. I also have some Sitka pants that are comfortable as all get out
    Last edited by Stumpknocker; 02-03-2020 at 10:08 PM.
    "I am a man, not an animal and I always try to conduct myself accordingly. Doing anything less is just giving up and expecting (and being okay) with failure."
    Rubberhead

Sitka would sell a lot more if they came up with a pattern that looked like something found in the woods and not something painted by Jackson Pollock.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    Sitka would sell a lot more if they came up with a pattern that looked like something found in the woods and not something painted by Jackson Pollock.
    I have thought the same thing since I saw their first shit that wasn’t meant to kill a sheep on a cliff at 10,000ft.
    cut\'em